[1.6] good girls go bad

[1X06]

{While some A-Troupe dancers spy on their biggest competition, West and Daniel dance for studio space at The Next Step, much to the amusement of Maxie.}

❝When I see Max, half-asleep on the bench, I'm a little confused, I mean, that cannot be comfortable,❞

In Studio A, James, Michelle, Maxie, Eldon and Riley are stood talking whilst waiting for the rest of the group to arrive.

"Didn't Emily, Stephanie and Tiffany have a competition this weekend?" Eldon asks the circle.

Riley looks to the ground, "I don't know, I've tried to avoid talking about dance around my sister." she shrugs, causing Maxie to reach out and throw her arm around the girl's shoulder to comfort her.

"Don't even worry about it Riles," she says.

James points at Maxie accusingly, "Hey! That's my line!" he whines, earning chuckles from the others.

"Me and my sister keep our dance and personal lives separate,  and I really don't want this thing that's going on at the studio to affect our lives at home," Riley explained.

The E-Girls walk into the studio with grins plastered on their faces, Tiffany in the middle holding a blue and gold dance trophy.

"Hey!" Emily announces her presence.

"Hey!" the group responds cheerfully.

"How did you guys do?" James asks, turning his (still) pointing finger from Maxie to the trophy in Tiffany's hands.

Emily shrugs, "Oh, well, we came in second."

The rest of the room spark into applause due to the girls' achievement, clearly impressed.

Emily begins to explain, "A trio competition is where you go with a trio so there are solos which are one person, duets which is two, trios which are three, quartets which are four, and so on."

"We went out there to kind of remember what it's like to be on stage in front of an audience," Stephanie states, "and we can go into regionals not being so nervous."

James looks confused as he continued, "Second?" he exclaimed, "Who came first?"

Emily shrugged again, "Elite," the girl sighed.

"Elite Dance Academy is our..." Emily scoffs, "Okay, well, they're everyone's main competition. They win a lot."

Stephanie adds, "It's been The Next Step's goal to beat them for as long as I've been here."

"I was actually initially going to audition when I first moved here, but I came to see that even though they were extremely successful, their teaching methods were very, um, military-like..." Maxie trailed off.

Emily begins to elaborate, "You should have seen Elite. They were amazing."

"You guys have to see this," Stephanie says, pulling up a video on her phone.

"I have never seen a team so polished.." the girl says.

"It's scary good."

The group gathers in a crowd around Steph's phone as they watch the trio dance.