[1.7] love story

[1X07]

I do not own any characters/plot from this show apart from my own!

Nevermind I'm gonna do this chapter after all

{Emily tries to cheer Eldon up by agreeing to go on a date with him. Meanwhile, Riley and Maxie overhear Emily discussing Michelle's fate with A-Troupe.}

----------------------------------

❝What do you mean, 'diD yOU hEaR wHAt shE jUsT sAiD'? Last time I checked, I'm not hard of hearing. Christ.❞

----------------------------------

Studio-A bursts into life as the dancers returning from the Elite 'spy mission' feed into the room, immediately catching Riley's attention.

"Uh, where's Michelle?" she asks, looking immediately towards Emily.

Emily walks forward, "We left her behind," she shrugged.

"Why?" Riley shoots back.

"Because she got caught," the girl stated as if it was the most obvious reason.

Riley suppresses a grimace as she shakes her head, "You know what? I feel like you keep pushing Michelle away."

"It's not right to call out the Dance Captain but I honestly feel like Emily needs to be put in her place," she began to explain.

Maxie let out a deep breath, "I know what Riley is trying to do, but it's not gonna end well. Nevertheless, I'll still stick up for her because she is doing what's right." 

"She has a point Em," the British girl stood next to Riley, causing Emily to flare her nostrils.

Ignoring her sister's glare, the girl continued, "You're threatened by her somehow," she tried to reason.

"She doesn't threaten me," Emily stated in a threatening tone, inching her face menacingly closer to her sister's.

Riley's word tumbled out of her mouth before she had a chance to think, "Okay, yeah. She is one of our only chances to win regionals."

Her sister immediately picked up on the girl's mistake, "Oh," she asked in an innocent tone, "so none of these people can help us win at regionals?" Emily gestured to the rest of the group.

Maxie stepped in, "Okay, you know that's not what she mea-"

"If you know what's good for you, you'd stay out of this one Maxie," Emily deadpanned, and Maxie, knowing it was best not to get involved, took a step back to stand where James was.

"What on Earth happened while you were away?" she muttered to him under her breath.

James let out an airy chuckle before responding, "You don't even wanna know, bro."

Back with the two girls in the middle, Emily was still taking digs at her sister, "You're such a team player, sis," she spoke, venom dripping from her words.

"That's not what I'm saying," Riley tried to get a word in, only to be shut back down by her sister.

"Good for you," Emily scoffed, walking off, followed swiftly by her E-Girls.

James stepped towards Riley and tried to place his palm on her shoulder.

"Get..." she mumbled, shrugging his hand off of her.

"I was just trying to say that Michelle is on this team for a reason," the girl explained, "She's helping us get to nationals and it's so crucial that she stays with us."