[1.5] steal my sunshine

[1X05]

I do not own any characters/plot from this show apart from my own!

{Emily and the E-Girls run a dance camp and lose track of one of their young dancers. Meanwhile, Riley loses Emily's favourite necklace.}

❝Dancing with my friends is an amazing feeling," Maxie explains, "It's basically doing my favourite thing with my favourite people and honestly nothing can top it.❞

Upbeat pop music plays as A-Troupe is running through their dance once more.

"Right now, we're working on the beginning stages of our regionals routine," Riley explains.

Maxie continues, "We're just starting early so that everything is set up and we'll be 110% ready to go when regionals roll around."

Emily looks around the group, mock joy plastered on her face, "That was really, really, really good," she claps with sarcasm dripping from her words, "For B-Troupe." The girl scoffs, "Take five, we'll be back."

"Before you take five, just wanted to let you guys know," Kate intercepts, "that we have dance camp in Studio A all day tomorrow, so you guys get a day off." she grins, sparking cheers from the dancers in front of her.

"Having a day off is awesome," Riley states, "I mean... it's great to kind of get a day off to relax and hang out with my sister."

As the group form a small circle, James speaks up, "What are you guys planning on doing on your day off?"

Eldon responds, "Yeah, we should all chill."

"I've never been to the beach," Michelle suggests.

Upon hearing that, Maxie cuts in," Yeah me neither, I mean, back home my dad never liked the beach in England and he never let us go.." she mumbles before snapping back to her chipper self, "And I've just never had the time here in America."

James gives his friend a sympathetic grin at the mention of her dad before perking back up, "Yo, let's go to the beach then!" he exclaims at which some of the other's begin to agree.

"I'm so excited to go to the beach." Michelle begins, "I haven't spent time with anyone from the studio and hopefully this will solidify some friendships."

Maxie grins, "The beach has always been a very exciting thing for me, I always saw it as this magical place where the land meets the water. I never got to go with my mum due to her busy schedule and my dad never really took me out anywhere anyway, so to go with my friends will be so much fun..."
"I hope," she winks mischievously.

Emily pipes up, "Actually, the E-Girls are helping out with dance camp, so we won't be abler to join you."

"So, as Dance Captain, running dance camp is one of my responsibilities. All the E-Girls volunteered to do it with me."

James shrugged, "Down! Down! Have fun!" he claps, before turning to the others.

"You know what? I'm excited to have a day away from the E-Girls," he says.

As the two groups split, Riley sort of hovers in the middle before timidly approaching the E-Girls. Like a deer in headlights, she stood before her sister, "Where do you want me?" her voice shook with uncertainty.