[1.25] bad moon rising

Start from the beginning

"I think it'll be a good thing, y'know," Maxie told the camera, "Yay go team bonding!" she cheered jokingly punching her fist in the air.

It was evening, and Maxie was sat on her bed trying to decide what to wear.

"Are you ready yet, Max, I'm about to start the car!" her mother yelled, the sound of keys unlocking the front door following afterwards.

Snapping her head in the direction of the door, she yelled back, "Uh, yeah, be right there!"

She snatched the oversized Liverpool FC t-shirt from her wardrobe and threw it on along with a pair of baggy joggers, not really caring about her appearance now that she was on a time-restricted schedule.

Not even double-checking as to what they were, she hurriedly pulled a pair of trainers on before dashing out the door, not forgetting to lock it behind her.

They got to the studio in record time as Maxie met Eldon and James just as she was walking in.

"Hey, everybody!" West called out, strutting into the studio in his pyjamas, "Let's have some fun."

Max and James shared an amused look upon seeing their friend, whilst the other dancers just looked at the boy in shock.

"West?" Emily deadpanned, "Are these your pyjamas?"

Putting on a cocky persona, he smirked, "Well, if you may know, yes, they are my pyjamas, and Kate told us to get comfortable, so..." he concluded, gesturing to Kate who had just walked over.

"Only you would turn a get-together into a pyjama party, West," Maxie chuckled with the shake of her head.

West met her eyes as he shot back, "Oh, you know you love me, Max."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night," she grinned back, pulling on the collar of his nightgown, "Especially since you're sleeping in this," making the others chuckle at the interaction.

"I always keep an extra pair of pyjamas in my duffle bag," he told the camera with a wink, "You never know when a surprise pyjama party's going to break out. No matter how much Max will deny it, it's an ingenious idea."

James tutted, looking at Maxie's choice of t-shirt, "Don't even get me started on what you're wearing. What even is that? Liverpool effs cee."

"Liverpool FC," Maxie stopped him, offended at his horrid pronunciation attempt, giving a little twirl to show off the shirt, "Is the best football team around."

"You mean soccer," Stephanie tried to correct, however, was met with Max's disapproving face.

Shaking her head in shock, the British girl responded, "No, Stephanie, not soccer. Soccer is a child's game. Football, proper British football, is for adults."

"I fear my mum may have moved us to the wrong country," Max muttered, scratching the back of her neck, "What even is soccer? And don't get me started on American 'football'," she said using her fingers to quote the word, "It's literally a dumbed-down version of rugby. Seriously, get your best American football squad and even they'd be scared of the New Zealand rugby team."

"Yeah, whatever you say, Queen Elizabeth," James chuckled along with the others as Kate clapped her hands together.

"Hey, are you guys ready to have some fun?" the woman began, a big grin plastered on her face, to which the others cheered, "Okay, let's play Machine."