13. Fresh Scars

•

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

  A GASP LEFT HER mouth as Magnolia's eyes refocused. She blinked rapidly, confused and dazed. Her memory was slightly foggy. "What happened..?" She mumbled as she swung her legs over the bed. It was strange — she could smell everything, see even the tiniest particle. Then it hit her like a freight train. I was bitten. She panicked and her chest heaved, yet she wasn't breathing. "Jasper?" She called. He was the first person that came to mind.

Immediately, he appeared by her side. "I'm here," He breathed out. He tried his best to keep his eyes from wandering, but she was so beautiful. Her face had stayed virtually the same, the only thing that was visibly different was her eyes — ocean blue swirled with ruby red.

"What..." She paused, her eyes trailing him up and down. She could see everything, especially his scars, which she could barely see before. Seeing them so clearly caused her heart to ache. "What happened?"

Jasper took a deep breath. "You...you were bit," He waited for her to scream or shout, but Magnolia froze. Her brain went numb as the shock of it hit her. Jasper frowned as he felt her distress. "My love," He cooed, stepping forward. "Look at me."

She did so reluctantly. She stared into his eyes, trying to ease her nerves. "...I didn't think..." She trailed off, looking away from him briefly, but Jasper's fingers softly grasped her chin and moved her eyes back to him. "I didn't really think it would work...it was just a theory."

"Do you know what you said to Alice before you passed out?" Jasper tilted his head.

"I don't..." She shook her head softly.

"You said something about the High Council," He prompted. It still didn't jog Magnolia's memory. "You said that...they were vampires?"

Suddenly, it hit her. "Oh my god," Jasper's hand slowly slipped from her chin as she took a step back. One of her hands clasped her forehead in shock. "I-I was right!? I mean, it made sense because they looked so fragile and their eyes were a mix of colours! As I said, it was just a theory I was tossing around but-"

"Magnolia!" A body slammed into her, scooping her up into a massive hug. Magnolia breathed in and she immediately hugged back. Elton squeezed her tightly, shaking with delight. "You're alive!"

He let her go and she chuckled with a shrug. "Sort of," Then, she got a good look at him. Just like hers, his eyes were a shining red. Everything from the day flooded back into her mind as she remembered a frightened Elton cowering, pale and sickly looking. "Elton you're...oh my god," Her eyes felt as if they were watering but no tears formed. "This...this wasn't supposed to happen..." Her panic returned.