07. Party

•

NO MATTER HOW HARD she tried, nothing Magnolia did or said convinced Elton to stay in Forks. He was dead set on going to Seattle, murders or not. Little did he know that those murders were actually vampires building an army.

Alice held Magnolia's hand tightly as they sat in the vampires' bedroom. "He just wouldn't listen," She sighed, doing her best not to cry. "What if something happens to him, Alice?"

"We have to trust that he'll be careful," Alice sighed. "Elton is no idiot."

Magnolia shook her head. Nothing Alice could say, or anyone, for that matter, would make her feel any better. There was a polite knock on the door and it opened slowly. Rosalie had poked her head through. "May I come in?" Alice nodded with a small smile and the blonde entered. She frowned at the sight of Magnolia so distressed. "How are you holding up?" She asked as she sat next to the sorceress.

Her other hand was taken by Rosalie. "I don't know," Magnolia sighed. "Not okay, that's for sure..." She looked down at the floor, her eyes unfocused. "I don't think I will be until I know he's safe."

Rosalie smiled sadly, rubbing Magnolia's hand comfortingly. "It's no use sulking up here and worrying, there's a party downstairs. People are just arriving."

Magnolia sighed once again and looked down at the dress Alice had picked out for her — a shimmering array of black and soft olive green, low cut with ruffled edges — something she would never normally wear but Alice knew best when it came to fashion. "I'm not in the mood for a party." She huffed.

Rosalie and Alice both rolled their eyes. "Tuff luck," Rosalie shrugged, pulled Magnolia up on her feet. "Come and mingle with me."

"Rose, seriously?" It was Magnolia's turn to roll her eyes.

"It's your high school graduation, you're supposed to have fun," The blonde tugged her arm, pulling her closer to the door. "I'm not taking no for an answer."

Magnolia looked at Alice briefly and groaned. "Fine," She glared at Rosalie, eyes darkening. "But I'm not happy about this."

Rosalie smirked and pulled Magnolia out of Alice's room. "Just have fun. That's not too hard to ask." She shook her head as she pulled the girl down the stairs.

When Rosalie said 'people were just arriving,' Magnolia had imagined maybe ten or even fifteen people, but a packed dance floor in the middle of the living room was not what she had in mind. "Did you lie to me?" She questioned as her feet touched the main floor.