Seven

Tw: panic attack

Amaiah Evans

I can feel the breath hitch in my throat as I see him walk into the diner. I'm sitting on the outside of the booth with Luke next to me and Reggie next to him and the other two boys across from us. I unconsciously grab Luke's leg and he looks down at me with a confused look in his eyes. I pull my eyes away from the guy that just walked in, who thankfully has yet to notice me, and look at Luke with fear in my eyes. A feeling that I have always avoided to show around the guys.

"Hey Ames, are you good?" Luke using the nickname he picked up from my mom calmed me a bit, but as I remembered the reason I was upset in the first place I stopped breathing.

"Okay, okay, look at me. I'm right here" my breathing begins to steady "what's going on?" Luke grabs my hand comfortingly.

"I- uhm..." I try to get words at but it's hard "my- I can't-"

"Well, well, well. Amaiah Evans. What a surprise seeing you here" I hear a familiar voice from behind me. I slowly turn to face the one person I thought I finally got away from. The boys follow my gaze, a little confused.

"What-" I can't speak.

"Wow, after all this time I don't even get a proper sentence?"

"Amaiah... you know this guy?" Alex looks at me with concern. I look at him desperately as if to say "help" but he doesn't pick up on it.

"Of course she knows me. The name's Jason Hollings. Pleased to me Amaiah's new boy toys" Jason answers for me.

"Excuse you?" Luke stands up abruptly. I can see the rage in his eyes, his clenched jaw, and his hand pulled into a fist.

"Wow... I'm surprised you guys have yet to realize this whores true intentions"

"What the fuck is your problem dude?" Bobby is now also standing, followed by Alex and Reggie but I can't move. All of them look just as pissed as Luke.

"My problem is this slut you seem to think is a friend. Sooner or later she'll just sleep with you and move on to the next one" I start hyperventilating and I can't control my body as I run out of the diner with hot tears streaming down my face.

Luke Patterson

I can feel my blood boil as the words spill out of his mouth. Who the fuck does this guy think he is? I watch Amaiah run out of the diner.

"Well my work here is done. It was a pleasure to meet you boys although I don't think I got your na-" I cut him off has my fist connects with his face. He's on the ground and he as a small cut under his eye from my rings.

"Stay the fuck away from Amaiah" I spit at him and run out of the restaurant, desperately trying to find the brunette. I start running towards her apartment before I find her on the curb crying.

"Hey, hey shhh. I'm right here. It's okay" I pull her into my arms as I sit on the curb and now I can hear how bad her breathing is.

"I can't- I- breath- help-" Amaiah looks up at me with puffy eyes and then shoves her head back into my chest. My heart breaks. Seeing her like this has this huge impact on me and I don't know why.

"Hey, look at me" I lift her head with my fingers on her chin "breath with me"

I take a deep breath in through my nose and she tries her best to replicate the action. Then I slowly breath out through my mouth. We repeat this a few times until her breathing steadies. She shoves her head back into my chest and continues to cry. I can feel my shirt get drenched from her tears but I don't care. I tightly wrap my arms around her and pull her closer to me. All I want to do is comfort her and bring back that sarcastic firecracker I miss so desperately.

"Thank you" I hear her whisper.

"Anything for you Evans, you know that" I brush I piece of her hair behind her ear and let my hand rest on her cheek.

"I need to talk about this, I know, but can we go somewhere else?"

"I know a place, come on"

I pull us off the curb and we start walking silently, the street lights dimly lighting our path. I keep my arm around her waist and she wraps her arms around herself tightly. She keeps her eyes glued to the ground.

"This way" I pull her through a bush and we are now completely in the dark, but I still know where I'm going. After a few minutes of walking through the darkness of the night, I trip over the rock I know so well and I know we're here "this is it"

Ok so I guess I am updating again tonight. Kinda love this chapter ngl. Anyways goodnight, sleep well my loves

-Maddie♡