Fourteen

Amaiah Evans

I slowly open my eyes and find that I am most definitely not in my room. I look to my right and see Luke in a chair pulled up to my- hospital bed? What the fuck happened? His fingers are intertwined with mine and he's fast asleep with his head laying on the bed.

"L-luke?" My voice is raspy and barely comes out above a whisper so he doesn't even move. "Luke" this time I shake him a bit and he jolts awake.

"Ames!" He practically jumps on top of me and snuggles his face into the crook of my neck "Thank God you're okay"

I start to run my fingers through his shaggy hair "what happened?"

He pulls away from me and looks confused "we were gonna ask you the same thing. We found you unconcious by your locker last week. Do you not remember what happened?" He asks concerned.

Week? Last week? "Luke, how long have I been, like, passed out or whatever?"

"8 days"

"What!?" I sit up abruptly and remove my hands from his hair.

"Hey!" He pouts and puts my hands back on his head "anyways, what do you remember?"

I lay back again, Luke's head on my stomach, and try to remember what happened. I go through my day in my head. Woke up uncomfortably with the boys, Reggie in my clothes, drove to school, boring, boring, math test, lunch, boring, boring, boring, locker, Jason- wait.

I sit up and my hands are once again gone from Luke's head. Jason.

"Again? Seriously Ames I thought you'd learn by now that I like when-" Luke stops talking when he sees the look of pure horror on my face "Ames? What, do I have lice or something?"

"Jason" I whisper, but Luke hears me. And all of a sudden he's on his knees, straddling my legs.

"Jason? Is that bastard the one who did this to you? Did he touch you? Did he hurt you?I swear to God I'm gonna fucking kill him. I told him to stay away from you. What did he do? Ames, princess, just say the word and he's fucking dead"

I shake my head and wipe the stray tear that fell from my eye "I can't talk about it right now. Can I just have cuddles? I promise I'll tell you when I wake up" I put on my best pair of puppy dog eyes.

His eyes soften at the sight of mine and all of his anger is suddenly gone "of course princess"

I scoot over and lay back down and he follows my actions. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer to him and I lay my head on his chest.

"Goodnight Ames"

"Goodnight Patterson"

And then I drift off in the comfort of his arms.

Luke Patterson

I look down at her sleeping figure and smile softly. She has gone through hell and back and still couldn't look anymore perfect.

I start to run my fingers through her hair to try to untangle it as gently as possible. 8 days without a hairbrush is gonna do some damage so I might as well make it a little easier. I lean down to press a lingering kiss to her forehead.

"Princess are you asleep?" I gently caress her cheek. She doesn't even move. Good. "Okay I'm guessing that means you are and for fucks sake if you're just tricking me then you really aren't gonna like what I'm about to say" she's not even phased "shit here goes nothing. Ames, you are by far the best thing that has happened to me. You wiggled your cute little ass into my heart and now I'm screwed. I'm so screwed because I'm so fucking in love with you that it hurts because I know that you can never love me back" I feel a tear roll down my cheek and I laugh sadly.

"God why do you have to be so god damn perfect? Why couldn't you be some pretentious little shit that I can just fuck with no strings attached like every other girl? Or why couldn't you just never have come into my life in the first place? Because that would make my life a hell of a lot less painful" I shake my head at myself knowing damn well that I would give anything just to keep her in my life.

"Or best of all why couldn't you have gotten away from your dad just a little bit sooner? And you would have never met Jason, and your stupid vow never would've been a thing and-" I pause "and I could call you mine" it comes out as more of a whimper as I realize just how much I've been crying.

"You know, after Lily I never thought I would open up again. That's why I turned to alcohol, drugs, and sex. It was just better than thinking about her. But then you came along and here I am pouring my fucking heart out to you while you sleep. God, I'm pathetic" I just lay back and stare up at the ceiling

"I wish you could've met her. She would've loved you. She'd tell me how pretty you were and say how I'd have to hold onto you or else you'd slip right through my fingers. So that's what I'm gonna do. That's why I can only ever tell you all this when I know you can't hear me. So I can hold onto you as tight as I can and so you don't slip through my fingers... just like she did" I press a kiss to her forehead and intertwine our fingers together.

"I love you, Amaiah Evans" I look back up to the ceiling "and I love you... Lily Patterson

Okayyyyy finally got this chapter out! It's kinda short but I'm kinda in love with it but tell me what you guys think! This weekend is my state tournament for softball so I'm kinda busy but it's been awhile and I wanted to update for you guys so here you go!

-Maddie♡