"I see. Is Katie in there? We have a severely wounded demigod."
"Who?" Leo asked, pulling apart from Annabeth.

"A new camper was coming across the border with Grover Underwood. They're alive, just wounded."

The front door opened, Chiron galloping back out with Leo and Annabeth in tow. Grover laid a boy on the floor, blood soaking into the carpet.
"Where's Katie?" Grover demanded.

Katie ran in.

"I'm here."
She knelt by the boy, going to work.

Annabeth looked over at Leo.

"Can you go to Percy in case he freaks out again?"
Leo nodded, heading back into the infirmary room, glad to be out of the room, away from all the blood making him feel sick.

Percy looked over, watching Leo's every move as he sat at the edge of the bed.

"Doing okay?" Leo asked before regretting what he said. "Um, never mind, bad question. You..."
"It's fine, Leo. I understand."

Leo sighed.
"It's my fault you're here."
"How's it your fault?"
"I..." Leo shook his head. This wasn't the time for self-pity. "Nevermind."
Percy shifted, groaning from the movement.

"You good?"
"Yeah. It just hurts to move."
"Then don't move."
Percy laughed slightly.

"I'll try. How's camp?"

"Good. Half of the campers went back to school, but we still have a lot."
Percy sighed.

"Missed a full summer again. I'm never going to get a full summer experience."
"Hey, you got next year."
"Not the same though."

"Fair enough."
"What about Camp Jupiter? Anything new there?"
"Not that I know of. New campers, war games, Reyna and Frank still the praetors. Same old same old."
"Hmm."

Leo watched as a tear rolled down Percy's face, his expression full of pain, hurt, brokenness.

"I'm sorry, Leo."
"For?"
"I...I wasn't careful. Part of me knew it wasn't Annabeth I was chasing, but...I chased her until it was too late. I caused you all so much grief, worry, Jason almost died trying to rescue me, I...maybe it should have been best if they had just killed me."
"Why would you say that? You know it's not true."
"I hurt you guys, all the time. I'm Percy, the guy the fates pick on each year, making my life horrible unlike anyone else. I never intended for you all to get hurt and be affected by it too."
"Would you shut up? I know you've been through death. But just stop, okay? You aren't a fate."

"Leo..."

"Just stop it. You're doing nothing good for anyone kicking yourself like that."

"Where're the others? Nico? Jason?"

"They'll come soon. Just relax right now..."

Percy grabbed Leo's bicep with the mechanical arm.

He froze as if there was a terrible sight. A bad thought.

"Leo, look out!"

Leo turned in time to get hit in the face, thrown on top of Percy.

Percy cried out.

"Oh, Percy, I'm..."

A hand grabbed Leo by the shirt, slamming him against the wall.
"Good evening, son of Hephaestus." A deep voice growled, slamming him against the wall over and over until Leo felt as if his head would explode. Collapsing, he cried out as the man stepped on his fingers, cracking the bones. Leo laid still till he knew the man was gone. Sitting up, Leo watched as the man approached Percy, the demigod staring in horror and shock.