Ch. 56 - Flipping the Script

Start from the beginning

"Why are you switching the position anyway?" Jimin asked. Yoongi gave him a puzzled look. "Your end goal is to let (Y/N) be in charge, isn't it?"

"Well, yeah. But," Yoongi lowered his voice, "the problem is that we either have to sell the company or find someone else to take over the position so that option is open."

Jimin hummed in thought. "It would be easier in the long run to sell it."

If we sell it, there's no guarantee we can buy it back. So I'm trying to just move someone into the position instead," Yoongi countered.

"Depends on who you sell to."

The two stood there in silence for a moment, Jimin taking a large gulp of alcohol before the pieces seemed to fit together.

"You want to buy the company?" Yoongi asked. 

"Make me an offer and I'll consider it."

"Wait, we can't do that. If we sell the company, there has to be a shareholder majority in favor of it."

"If you sell to me, I'll merge our companies and sign over the position to your wife. I'll even keep all your departments intact so you don't have to let anyone go. Do we have a deal?"

"No." Yoongi took a deep breath. "It can't be that easy. I'm sure there's a lot more to figure out than just that. Why don't you come by the office and we'll figure out what needs to be done." 

Jimin extended his hand. "You have a deal." The pair shook on it and he couldn't help but smirk. "For a second there, you sounded like a real businessman."

"I am a real businessman," Yoongi grumbled as he walked away.

You were talking to your parents (and carefully watching Yoongi's who were standing just a few feet away) when your mother suddenly shifted the conversation.

"How are you holding up, dear?"

"How am I?" you repeated.

"You seemed so upset at the hospital when Jimin's father passed. But then ten minutes later, you were laughing with Yoongi."

"Oh. It's nothing, really. He was showing me something funny in a magazine."

Mr. Min coughed suddenly, and for the briefest second it sounded like he said 'hysterics'. You refused to acknowledge the comment.

"You always take things seriously. It's nice to see you loosening up a little," your mother continued.

"I agree." Your father nodded. "Seems we made a good match for you after all."

"Good match?" Mr. Min demanded, forcing his way into the conversation. "Our son won't even speak to us because of her, and you think that's a good match?"

"Excuse me--" your father started.

"The reason Yoongi won't speak to you has nothing to do with me," you interrupted. "Just because you had a fight--"

"A fight about you," he snarled. "Honestly, your involvement has only made him more disobedient. I don't know what you two get up to together--"

"I'm sorry," your father interjected again. "I'd really appreciate it if you'd keep my daughter out of this. Your son is the troublemaker in the relationship." 

Mr. Min scoffed. "I hate it to break it to you, but she's no angel. Galivanting around your company like she still owns the place. Sneaking out of a wedding reception just the other week with no warning after we so graciously agreed to bring her."

"I left because Mr. Park was in the hospital. And you, sir," you spat, "didn't graciously agree to anything. You and your wife tolerate me at best and completely ignore me at worst. You don't care at all about my relationship with your son, you just think he's a puppet to further your own agenda."

"You will not speak to me like that." Mr. Min reached out a hand to grab you, but someone else stepped in the way.

"Try that again," Yoongi growled.

"Excuse me," Mrs. Park exclaimed as she walked over. "This is a time of mourning for my dearly departed husband. If you think you're going to cause trouble and pick fights, then I'll have to ask you to leave."

"We're so sorry, Sooyun," your mother responded immediately. "Please forgive us for causing such a scene today of all days."

Mrs. Park raised an eyebrow. "Actually, I was talking to the man that's been hanging around the bar this whole time."

All eyes turned to Mr. Min.

"You're kicking us out?" Mr. Min exclaimed. "Us?! Your son personally invited us--"

"Actually, I'm only kicking you out, sir. You're disturbing our other guests, and frankly, embarrassing yourself. You were invited as a courtesy and you've shown you don't care enough to act with dignity."

"Oh shit," Yoongi whispered next to you.

"Leave now or you'll be thrown out."

Mr. Min laughed. "Thrown out by whom?" A hand landed on his shoulder and he turned to stare at the same bartender who he'd been slipping drinks from earlier. Mr. Min paled and quickly squirmed away from his grasp.

"Fine. We're going. We have other things to be doing anyway."

He made his way to the exit, too intoxicated to realize that his wife wasn't even following him. 

Instead, Mrs. Min slowly stepped forward and bowed first to Mrs. Park, then to your parents, and finally to you and Yoongi. "I apologize on behalf of my husband. He's been having a hard time accepting some big changes in his life recently. Our condolences to your family during his difficult time."

And with that, she left as well.

"Sorry again, Sooyun," your father said. She sighed heavily.

"Don't worry about it. You're not hurt, are you?" 

It took a moment to realize the question was directed at you. "Oh! I'm fine, thank you."

She smiled a little. "Good. You've got a brave husband there, standing up to his own father."

Your mother quickly thanked him as well for "saving" you. And your father clapped Yoongi on the back in agreement, offering him a brisk nod.

"It wasn't a big deal," Yoongi replied. He seemed to be a little embarrassed by the attention. "Jimin probably would have done the same."

"Maybe, but I sent him and Hoseok on an errand," Mrs. Park explained. "I realized we needed some more ice for the bar. They'll be gone for a while."

You and Yoongi would discover there was already a full cooler of ice behind the bar just a few minutes later.

"How much do you want to bet they don't get any ice?" he asked.

"They still will. Trust me."

"Ten bucks?"

"Deal."

About twenty minutes later, Yoongi was holding his money hostage. "Double or nothing that they get together by the end of the month."

"You're on."