•25|🤤

Maxim.

"Hey, Maxim." Snapped me out of my mini anger tantrum. On a normal day, her smile would immediately set something ablaze within me, even though I'd always hide it with a scowl. But today was different, her oval face made my blood boil. Her jet black hair was shinier than usual and it looked really good let down. Her eyes had slight bags under them, but her bright smile seemed to cover them up. Her purple tee hung loosely on her torso, a pair of ripped denim jeans complementing it. Her dress sense literally screamed emo, but she could rock a dress anytime. Shaking my head internally, I trained my attention back to the issue at hand. My prolonged gaze seemed to set her on edge because her cherry demeanor seemed to waver a bit.  " What are you doing here?"

"Oh, you know." I shrugged nonchalantly, making sure she wouldn't miss the sarcasm in my tone. " Just waiting for you."

"How'd you know I was coming?" She creased her eyebrows in confusion.     " I didn't..."

"That's not important Miss Diane Sanchez." I propped myself against my desk, my arms bulging underneath each other.
" If that's even your real name."

"What?!" She squealed as something flashed in her eyes. She stumbled a bit, before steadying herself and masking any wary expression she'd given off earlier.  " What's that supposed to mean?"

"Why don't you tell me, Diane?" I found my feet moving on their own accord. In two long strides, I was towering above her. From the  corner of my right eye , I saw her suppress a shudder. Either she was shivering from how ridiculously hot it'd become, or there was definitely something behind the question.
" Or dare I say, Vivian Sterling?"

"I, I don't understand." She shook her head, a slight frown tugging at her lips.  " What rubbish are you spitting up now?"

"Really?" I gaped, blinking rapidly.  " I'm spitting up nonsense now?"

"Yes." She tapped her foot rapidly, her boots thumping against the ground. 
" What's this bullshit you're throwing at me right now? I get someone's been riling you up and bothering you with unnecessary phone calls but that doesn't give you the right to start interrogating me like a criminal."

"Well, I wouldn't be doing all this if you hadn't  been lying to my face all along!"

"Lying about what?!" She yelled and I grabbed a handful of the papers Liam had left behind, tossing a few in her direction. Her dainty pink-coated fingers gripped one of the sheets before it could hit rock bottom. Her eyes seemed to skim over its contents for a few minutes before they widened momentarily. An inaudible gasp left her lips.

Either because the information was true or she was trying to comprehend whatever nonsense was printed on the white sheet of paper, I wasn't sure. All I knew was, the truth would be out very soon.

"Where did you get this?" She whispered, her expression unreadable. "What is this?".

"I could be asking you the same thing." My jaw ticked and my beards were suddenly itchy. I was on edge, every part of my body tingling from anticipation and her sudden silent reaction wasn't helping either. " Is it true?"