•24|💅

Maxim.

I sighed deeply, my eyes roaming the quad through my office window and the rim of my glasses. Not too far off, my favourite songbird sat perched on its nest, it's golden beak producing a dull and sombre tune which was in fact a huge contrast to what she usually sang. The tulips planted around the tree's base, obviously wasn't left out either. It's vibrant pink color seemed to lose its shine with my blue orbs piercing it every now and then. Running a hand through my hair, I shook my head and mused over how damp and gloomy my life had become.

"No way Maxim." I chided myself." Enough with this crappy attitude. Think positively, happy thoughts."

Immediately those words escaped my lips, the image of an annoyingly attractive black head formed in my mind. My lips twitched upwards and I found myself grinning like an overly enthusiastic child on Christmas day.

Hells, she was infuriating but somehow, thinking about her always made me smile...

And things that make you smile, don't exactly last long. A voice snickered in my ears. You do remember right?

Shut up. I snarled. That's not true and the others were mistakes and coincidences, nothing more.

Oh, really? Fine then. I could feel his sarcasm coiling around my chest, threatening to choke out whatever amount of positivity I'd managed to gather. If that's what floats your boat. But don't forget...

"Maxim! Maxim!" Liam's voice tumbled into my office and for the first time all week, I was actually glad he was here." Maxim!?"

"Cool your horses young man." I winced, clamping both hands over my ears in an attempt to shut off his voice. Both of them. "I don't want to add ruined ear drums to my defects."

"Well maybe you should switch on your phone then." He retorted, panting heavily. I took in his appearance with a frown as I walked briskly towards him. His black hair was damp and  few droplets of the slimy liquid trickled down his face and into his eyebrows, making them fuller and disgusting. His eyes looked glazed over and his sweatshirt covered chest was heaving unevenly.

He definitely ran all the way here..

"What's the use of having a cell phone," He huffed, sliding into my chair and simultaneously pulling me out of my reverie."if it's not even going through?".

"Is that why you're charging in here like a raging bull?" I pressed a button and the ceiling fan came to life in a whir. He nodded remotely and solely in appreciation before sinking deeper into the chair. His eyes clasped down on each other as he swung his legs unto my desk, his huge feet barely colliding with my back. "Hey, watch it."

"You haven't answered my question." He hummed with his eyes still closed." Why has your phone been off for the past one week?"

"Because," I rubbed my hands together hoping it would chase off the unnatural chill seeping into my clothes." You know what I'm dealing with."

"Dad?" Liam whistled and I could barely make out a tiny hint of sarcasm. Either that, or I was just overthinking things." You know he's been trying to reach you..."

"I don't want to hear it." I cut him off." I'd actually surrender myself to the psychopath stalker than entertain his presence."

"Harsh." Liam's eyes flew open. He stared at me, an unreadable expression in his eyes." And totally uncalled for."

"If that's what you came here to talk about." I retreated towards Diane's part of the office." Then you might as well leave. I'm not interested."