•15|✨

I clogged my eardrums with the earbuds I'd snatched from Kim's drawer the night before, drowning the cacophony of noises booming around me. I was in the school's auditorium for a general class, one which I'd never attended in the entire three weeks I'd been here.

But here I was, in the middle row of the large auditorium, stealing glances at other students who were either showing off their latest designers, talking about the hottest guys and girls, and other things that irked the hell out of me.

"Hey, is this seat...." The words died in her throat, her makeup-caked face morphing into something from a freak show." What the hell are you doing here?"

"Why hello to you too." I beamed, flashing her a sickeningly sweet smile, my chin resting on my hands." Have you come back for more eh?"

"You haven't answered my question." She snarled, her expression getting fouler by the minute." What are you doing here?"

"This is college." I drawled." And this is a class, what else would I be doing here?"

"But that's my seat." She stomped her foot on the ground so hard I feared her stilettos would make a huge dent in the tiles. " So get up."

"Nah uh, Beatrice." I clicked my tongue." You should know by now that tone doesn't work on me. Unless you wanna land in the fountain again like last time."

"It's Bailey, Veronica Bailey!" She turned red, her nose flaring up." And you'll pay for that! You made me trend for all the wrong reasons!!"

"That's life bitch." I smirked." Now If you don't want to have a hard time getting ink out of your white rags, I'd suggest you leave. Right now."

"You don't have the right to..."

"I'm sorry I'm late class." The familiar buttery smooth voice I'd somehow gotten used to filled the room, its booming sound amplified by the speakers placed around strategically. " We've got less than thirty-five minutes so let's make this count. I'd advise you to get seated or kindly exit the class. I'm going to get paid either way."

A few chuckles reverberated around me and I rolled my eyes. This was going to be a long thirty-five minutes.

The class seemed to drag on for what seemed like an eternity. It wasn't as boring as I'd expected, but my heart just wasn't into it. Instead, I found myself staring at the way he gesticulated every point he made and how his muscles seemed to ripple under his skin-tight navy green shirt. His lips on the other hand would always curl into a smile, now and then, his broad chest rumbling with pure laughter, its sound causing me to shiver involuntarily in my seat while flashing his signature one-sided dimple.

I'd have gotten away without him noticing me until I stared too much and his gaze flicked in my direction and landed squarely on me. His eyes widened a bit in shock, before his other facial features relaxed, with him sporting his award-winning grin.

"Miss Diane." He called out and winced internally." Would you mind answering that question for us?"

"What question?" I raised my eyebrows to him in sheer panic, mouthing my thoughts." I wasn't listening!"

"Miss Diane." It was pretty obvious he was fighting back a laugh. He was trying to make the class laugh at me!" Your answer."

"It's okay if you don't know it." An obnoxious Veronica jeered from behind me, earning a few catcalls and wolf whistles from some other jerks behind her. "I wouldn't expect someone like you to know the answer in a million years."

"And what's that supposed to mean?" I whirled around barely colliding with the others around me. She seemed unfazed by the tough expression she was masking, but deep down I could see through her charade." Don't piss me off, unless you want a rematch of what happened at the fountain the other day."