𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔: 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐓𝐢𝐥 𝐄𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Avengers Compound
Peter's POV:

I watched as Mr. Stark put the device on Maia's head.

I knew that eventually they would discover her new powers, but I didn't think that they would happen this frequently. She just discovered that she has Precognition and now she has a new superpower that nobody can determine what it is.

She gives me a nervous look which makes me feel bad, I hated all the things she had to go through. I just give her a smile which seemed to calm her down but not for long.

"Hey kid, you okay?" Sam asks me as I turn to look at him. "Yeah-yeah I'm fine. I'm just worried about her." I admit as I sigh. He just pats me in the back.

"Everyone in the compound can tell that you both have feelings for each other. She'll be alright. Tony or any of us wouldn't let anything happen to her."

He was right.

Everyone had grown to care so much for Maia. Everyone treated her as if she was their own daughter.

She even grew on me. The more time I spent with her, the more I began to fall for her.

How could I not?

She's smart, beautiful, kind, talented, and she has an amazing personality.

She has it all.

Since the day I met her, I could tell that I had feelings for her, but I didn't do anything about it until today. I'm so glad that she said yes to our date because I seriously thought she was going to say no.

She had told me about her friends and her boyfriend back in LA. How she still cared for them deeply and I understood, which is why I thought that she still wasn't over the death of her ex.

Maybe she's starting to accept it.

Mr. Stark then begins to countdown, meaning that the experiment was about to begin.

3...

2...

1...

Suddenly, a screen pops up in front of Maia, it started to play a video of her mom.

There was a little girl there, who I assumed was Maia, and her mother talking and playing dolls with her.

"Emily! Say hi to the camera sweetie!"

"Hello!"

I look at Maia, I noticed that nothing was happening. I could see Mr. Stark sigh and then I could see that he got another idea.

He turned off the machine and said, "I'll be right back. Hang tight sweetie." He leaves the lab and I take this as my opportunity to check up on Maia.

I walk into the lab and go up to her and see that tears began to brim her eyes.

"Hey, hey, hey, It's ok. It's ok."

I understand how she feels. I lost both of my parents too, and I'm sure I would have the same reaction if I were to see a video like that.

"I know. I just miss her so much." She whispers to me. I squat down and grab her hand and squeeze it a bit. She smiles at me and I get lost in her eyes.

Suddenly Mr. Stark walks in and I let go of Maia.

I stand up and whisper a "you'll be fine" to her as she nods and I go back outside to watch from the window.