𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒: 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Maia/Emily's POV:

He doesn't remember me.

I exit his conscious and leave, not listening to Alex and Reggie calling for to me come back.

I couldn't believe it, I lost him.

But how? How did he get rid of all his memories so fast?

As I was rushing towards the exit, I bump into someone. I apologize but then I look up to see it was Julie.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going." She says even though it was my fault.

"No, it's fine. It was my fault anyways." I say as I try to walk away from her but she stops me.

"Wait, you're the girl that Alex was talking to." She says but I continue to try and walk away from her. "I'm sorry, did I say something wrong?"

She was too nice, I can see why Luke likes her.

"No, I'm sorry it's just that...I'm really happy for you. He's a great guy." I say as I walk away from her, leaving her confused.

Before going back home, I go to the garage and leave something behind for Luke that I started working on last night.

After I leave his gift, I teleport back to the compound.

Alex's POV:

"You really don't remember her." I say barely above a whisper. I look at Luke, only to see that he just had a blank look on his face. "What did you do?" I ask again but he just looks at me and doesn't answer.

"Dude, what did you do? How did you remove your memories?" I ask him as I start to raise my voice.

"I don't know what your talking about!" He says as now we start going back and forth.

"Guys. Guys! GUYS!" Reggie says which makes us both stop. "There's no point in fighting. He doesn't know what you're talking about, Alex." Reggie says in defeat, he had a point.

"Ok, fine. I'll drop it. But we should head back home." I say as I start to leave but Julie walks in. "Oh uh...hey. I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm going to Flynn's house for a while so I won't be home." She tells us but mostly directs it towards Luke. "Oh...ok." He says as she walks out.

I teleport to the garage and not too long after, Reggie and Luke do the same.

"What's that?" Luke asks as he points to a chest on the floor. Wait a minute it...was it?

"There's a note on it." He says as he squats down to grab the note.

Luke's POV:

I grabbed the note and read what it says.

To Luke,
I understand that you're probably very confused right now as to who could've written this note, or maybe you already figured it out that it was that crazy girl from the cafe. I know the love that you once had for me is gone and I know that everything that happened in the past is memories that I can only reminisce on from now on. I also understand why you're starting to develop feelings for another. Julie's a nice girl, keep her. Don't lose her.

Right now, you and I would've been 42 years old if it wasn't for that tragic night. We all would've been 42 years old. It's crazy how despite everything, the universe still managed to bring you back to me. Even though I couldn't see you and then you didn't see me.