𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓: 𝐀𝐧 𝐔𝐧𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐫 𝐌𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐝𝐲

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

September 15th, 2020
MAIA's POV:

Last night was...interesting to say the least.

We had all stayed up trying to figure out what this new superpower was, but we had no luck. None of the machines that my dad had created worked.

Not even Wanda was able to find anything.

We eventually gave up and everyone went to sleep. I tried but I had multiple flashes.

Even when I did fall asleep, I had a really weird dream. I saw my mom and some guy with blonde hair talking about something to do with a "Phoenix."

Weird.

Since today was Thursday, I just asked my dad if I could stay home today since I wasn't feeling all that great.

He agreed so I stayed in my bed and was just trying to write some lyrics but I couldn't come up with anything.

Suddenly, I hear a knock on my window, Peter.

I go up to open it and am met with the familiar red mask with squinted white eyes from smiling.

"Hey Spider-boy, what's up?" He just groans at the nickname that I give him.

"Maia for the millionth time, I'm not a boy! It's Spider-Man for a reason!" He crawls into my room and takes off his mask and throws it on my bed.

"I know, I just like seeing your reaction."

We both laugh and I go back to my bed to grab my songbook and hide it.

"So, how'd your daily patrol go today?" I ask, but he stays quiet. "Hello? Earth to Parker?" I wave my hand in the air but he still stays silent.

"Peter, you okay?" I ask as I start to walk up to him a bit concerned.

"Do you...maybe wanna go out and do something?" He asks suddenly.

On the inside I could feel my heart skip a beat, but on the outside I remained calm.

"Yeah, sure! Just give me a second to freshen up and we can go." I smile at him and go to the bathroom while he sits on my bed and waits for me.

Soon enough after I finish, we both leave the compound from my window and we swing around.

The view of New York from Peter's point of view was beautiful, even if it at times things were a bit blurry from the fast movement.

We eventually landed on top of a building, the same building that we had our picnic on last time, and I noticed that a picnic was actually already set up.

"Peter?" I ask in disbelief, but also with a smile creeping up on my face. "What's this?"

He takes off his mask and he looked a little nervous. "I uh...well I-I know that you've been having a rough couple of weeks so I just...wanted to make this for you. So you could-could feel a bit better."

He then flashes an adorable smile which made me feel like I had butterflies in my stomach.

I go up to hug him which he quickly returns. I whisper a "thank you" in his ear and let go.

I look at the food that he brought and I could tell that May had prepared everything.

May and I have met twice, once was for her birthday which wasn't that long ago, and the other time was when I went over to Peter's apartment to have a Star Wars marathon with him and Ned.