𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔: 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐞

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Maia's POV:

I go back to my room and immediately start crying. What was Peter talking about? He isn't a second option, I genuinely don't know who that guy was.

Why did he feel like us breaking up was for the best?

So many questions flooded my head so I just decided to go to the studio and write about how I felt.

When I walk in the studio, I feel a sense of deja vu. I haven't been in here in almost two months, and it felt very nostalgic to be here again.

I sit down and before I start, I go through my old songs to see if I could get some inspiration from them.

Immediately, I see a lot of songs that I didn't recognize. There was even a folder titled, "Our Love in a Melody." When did I make that?

I'm the only one that uses the studio so it couldn't have been any of the Avengers.

I click on the file and see a bunch of songs that were apparently written by me and someone else named Luke Patterson.

Ok..now I'm starting to freak out. Who's Luke Patterson?

There were even duets so I decided to click on the first duet which was titled, "Boyfriend."

The song plays and I hear my voice.

I'm a motherfuckin' train wreck
I don't wanna be too much
But I don't wanna miss your touch
And you don't seem to give a fuck

Woah, when did I sing that?

The song plays a bit more and I hear another voice join, Luke.

Even though you ain't mine, I promise the way we fight
Make me honestly feel like we just in love
'Cause baby, when push comes to shove
Damn baby, I'm a train wreck, too (too)
I lose my mind when it comes to you
I take time with the ones I choose
And I don't want to smile if it ain't from you, yeah

I pause the song and take a second to process this. I have no idea when I wrote this song, when I sang it, or who I'm singing it with.

I click on the next song which was titled, "When You're Ready" and it was written by Luke.

It plays and as I listen to the lyrics, my heart starts to skip a beat. The way he expresses his emotions in this song was truly amazing.

And if I have to, I'll wait forever
Say the word and I'll change my plans
Yeah, you know that we fit together
I know your heart like the back of my hand

So baby, tell me when you're ready
I'm waitin'
Baby, any time you're ready
I'm waitin'

I stop the song and listen to the last one that catches my attention, "ghostin."

It was the last song on the track list and it was apparently written by me.

I play it and as I listen to the lyrics, I couldn't quite make out what I was trying to say.

It sounded like someone had...passed away.

That's when suddenly in a flash I see myself watching an ambulance drive away. I look around and notice that I'm in an alley of some sort and feel arms holding me back. "I'm sorry, Emily."