𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐: 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐀 𝐌𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐧

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Maia's POV:

We all head down to the living room where all the Avengers were drinking and talking to each other.

"Guys, I have a question. Do you think we can try to activate my golden powers? They might be able to make the guys visible permanently." I say as they all look at each other, a bit worried about the idea.

"Nothing bad is going to happen. I won't let anything bad happen." I tell them as they all remain hesitant.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y. did show a similar power source in the garage that the boys live in, maybe she's right. Maybe this is the key to giving them a second chance at life." Bucky says as everyone realizes that he's right.

"Alright, let's do it." Steve says as we all go back to the lab.

My dad hooks me up to the machine that we used on Thursday.

"Nervous?" he asks while placing the heart monitor on me. "Not really. I just hope it works." I say with a serious look on my face.

"It will. Your theory makes sense." He says as he kisses my forehead and sets up the video.

"Are you gonna play the same video?" I ask as he nods his head no. "Nope, but you'll like this one. The boys suggested it." I then furrow my brows and look towards the only three boys with nervous looks on their faces. In hopes to calm me down, they each give me a thumbs-up but it looked like they needed it more than me.

My dad then goes up to the machine and counts-down.

Here goes nothing.

3...

2...

1...

This was different.

I wasn't watching a video, nor was I in the compound. I was...at school, but not Midtown. I was at Los Felix, the rooftop.

The last time I was here was when...oh my gosh.

"Hi beautiful." a familiar voice says behind me.

Luke.

"Hey handsome." I say, remembering the exact conversation we had this day. "You know...I was thinking." He says while walking up to me and grabbing my hands, staring deep into my eyes.

"Hmm, that's new." I say as he pretends to be offended. We both laugh and he continues talking.

"As I was saying...I was thinking. With me spending so much time at rehearsals and gigs, I figured that we should have a night to ourselves. Specifically, homecoming."

I could tell that he was nervous, but then again I remembered this day as if it was yesterday.

"Patterson, are you asking me to homecoming?" I say as I put my hands on my heart and act surprised.

"That depends, would you say yes? Because if you don't then I have no idea what I'm gonna do with these." He says as he grabs the two tickets out of his pocket and shows them to me.

"Of course I'll go with you, love." I say as he then picks me up and spins me around. We both laugh and when he puts me down, he gives me a quick kiss before a nervous look plasters on his face again.

"What's wrong?" I ask as I look at him. I could feel the nervous tension between us but I wondered why...well only because I was playing along.

"I uh..I just realized that I have to dance. I don't really know how to dance." he says as he scratches the back of his head, something that he always did when he's nervous.