He couldn't expect her to start acting like his right away. He would give her some time if that's what she wanted.

"I'll be there at 7 pm sharp" he said firmly as he saw her standing up and waving her hands in dismissal.

She walked out while swaying her hips graciously. The way she carried herself so elegantly had left Abigor wanting more, he wanted to crack her facade and drag her real self out.

Before she could walk away from the cafe a car stopped in front of her as she flinched back in surprise. A man in his mid-50s suited in a black tuxedo stepped out from the driver's seat and bowed in front of her.

She looked at him with wide eyes as she saw him opening the back door of the car and waiting for her to step in.

She turned around towards the cafe to look at Abigor still seated at their previous place, looking at her intensely through the large window. He lifted his fingers and gestured her to get in.

Aria huffed in annoyance. Even his gentlemanly things got on her nerves for some reason. She turned back to look at the man still standing in the same position as before.

She sighed and got in, looking away from the cafe as the chauffeur closed the door and got in the driver's seat before driving away. She could still feel the pair of hazel eyes following her each and every movement.

● ● ●

Aria picked up the most decent looking dress among the sea of dresses. It was a dress with flower designs, it wasn't exactly her style but she'd make do with it today.

"You look gorgeous sis!" She heard Kahlil's voice as she turned around while wearing her diamond hoop earrings that came with the dress

"And where were you?" she asked him as he scratched the back of his neck and looked around.

She had not seen him since Abigor had ordered his puppies to drag him out of the apartment in the morning. She was worried for him a bit but was confident that he was strong enough to defend himself if anything happens.

"With Karl y'know" he hesitated as she raised her brows in surprise while applying her lipstick.

"That dog of Abigor Hayes?" she questioned "Till now?"

"He's not a dog, he's his assistant" Kahlil argued "and yeah he just dragged me along with him the whole day"

Her jaw clenched as she fully turned around. She took slow steps towards him as her heels echoed throughout the empty room "Make sure he doesn't drag you along in the future" she warned.

"You know what you are doing and getting involved with the Mafia is the last thing we want" her voice darkened as he gulped and nodded with determination.

"Of course sis. I do apologize for today" he looked down in shame as Aria smiled and patted his shoulder.

"I just want the best for y—"

She couldn't complete her sentence as the doorbell rang, making both of them look towards the front door.

"I'll get it" Kahlil said. But stopped when he felt her hand gripping his wrist.

"No, I will" she said as he nodded and allowed her to go.

Aria took in a deep breath as she slowly walked towards the front door. A strong smell of cologne welcomed her with a devilishly handsome face as she opened the door.

His eyes bored through her, lingering a little longer on her chest which was so graciously covered by the flower design.

A pervert, that's what he was.

"You look alluring" he said with a small smile as he looked at her eyes again.

She smiled back. The same smile which she'd give out to the world "Thanks Mr Hayes, let's go now" she said as she turned a little to pick up her purse.

"Isn't Kahlil coming?"

A voice made both Abigor and Aria snap their heads towards it. Standing beside Abigor was his right-hand man, Karl Lagerfeld, the man who was bothering her brother.

"No he is not" she replied firmly as Abigor frowned.

"What's it to you?" Abigor whispered to him as Karl shrugged.

"Just loved the company" Karl replied as he looked at Aria again "May I ask why?"

"He is not feeling well" Aria lied as Abigor looked at her up and down and smirked. The way the corner of her lips would twitch up for a fraction of second while lying, amused him.

He had noticed that in the cafe too when she tried to lie to him. He would remember that for the future because he knew damn well that it would come in handy someday.

"But he was fine in the morning. Have you even asked if he wants to go or not?" Karl argued as Aria's eyes lit up in anger.

"I know my brother well. If I say he's not well, it means he is not well!" she gritted out, trying her best not to lash out at him.

"Bu—"

Karl stopped when he felt a firm hand over his shoulder. He looked beside him to see Abigor throwing daggers through his gaze as Karl gulped and backed away.

He bowed down in front of Aria "I apologize for my insolence, Ms Leighton. I know that you know your brother the best"

Aria looked at his sudden change of behaviour as she looked at Abigor to see him standing carelessly with both of his hands in his pockets while whistling lowly.

"It's fine, just make sure it never happens again" she remarked.

"Of course"

"Let's go?" she said to Abigor who smiled a bit and extended his hands for her take. Which she did, hesitantly.

"Lead the way, my lady"

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

please vote, comment and follow!