𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙁𝙄𝙑𝙀

Start from the beginning

"What happened to Bash?" Hope asked.

Dax licked his lips and stared at the ground, "I- uh- Alex killed him because my magic wore off when I went into the pit," Dax answered as tears rushed to his eyes. Hope tightened her hug around Dax, "We leave for New Orleans tomorrow, and then we'll go to SS on the same day... As long as we're all okay with that."

"I need a nap anyway after that spell," Lizzie shrugged.

"Here, this way," Dax said as he went up the stairs.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Dax was lying in his bed staring up at the ceiling when he heard knocking on his front door. To keep everyone else asleep, Dax used his vampire speed to get to the front door. He opened the door to see Brett. Tear-stained cheeks, big puffy red-eyed Brett.

Dax went with his instincts and pulled the boy in for a hug. Brett's arms wrapped around Dax in a tight embrace. Dax breathed in his scent willingly, and unlike last time, it brought him comfort and not pain.

"I missed you so much," Dax muttered as he held Brett close. He gently pulled Brett inside and shut the door. 

Brett pulled away, "How come I didn't know who you were twenty minutes ago?" Brett asked quietly. Dax held onto Brett's hand and gently pulled him onto the couch.

"Remember when I left for Virginia? To help Hope?" Dax asked quietly as he rubbed Brett's cheek with his thumb. Brett nodded, "I went into a black pit called Malivore," Dax's voice began to waver, "I destroyed it, but it erased everyone's memories of me. My family doesn't know who I am right now."

"How do I know?"

"Hope came to Beacon Hills. She brought some friends with her. We performed a Japanese black magic purge spell, and now everyone in Beacon Hills has all of their Malivore memories back," Dax explained.

"Can I say something? And you promise it won't scare you?" Dax nodded hesitantly, "I love you Dax Mikaelson. I loved you before everything got crazy."

A smile spread across Dax's lips, "I loved you when you didn't know who I was, Brett Talbot," Dax smiled.

"I still have it, you know," Brett said as his fingers went into his shirt and fished around until they pulled out the small golden locket Dax had given him.

"I'm surprised you didn't throw it out."

"Deep down I knew it was important. I just couldn't place it."

Dax climbed on top of Brett and smiled down at him as he connected their lips. Dax felt himself being put back together as Brett's hands rubbed his sides and his own tangled into Brett's hair. Brett's lips were warm and soft. Dax's parted slightly and Brett's tongue slipped into Dax's mouth. Warmth filled Dax's stomach as they kissed. It was a feeling Dax had thought he would never get to feel again, but thankfully, fate had other things in mind. Dax pulled away from Brett and his eyes snapped up to the stairs where he had heard a creek.

"Sorry," Lizzie visibly cringed, "I was going to look for a bathroom," She whisper-yelled, "I'm going back upstairs now!"

"Lizzie," Dax said softly from his place, straddling Brett as he poked his head around Brett's head and rested his chin on Brett's shoulder, "Third door on the right upstairs."