Ch.73 Sour and Spicy Assorted Pickled Vegetables

Start from the beginning

Shen Fu nodded, endlessly thankful for his good fortune.

While Lin ShuYi went into the kitchen, Shen Fu pulled out his phone and gave his grandfather a call. He didn't try to call earlier because he had assumed that Grandfather Shen was still asleep. As the tone rang, Grandfather Shen picked up immediately, his voice not even sleepy in the slightest. "Grandpa?"

"And here I was just about to start getting ready to head over. You know, these past few days after we came back, everyone's been thinking that it's way too dull and quiet without the two of you here making things lively. I hadn't even gotten out of bed just now, and already, I heard your mother up and at 'em, getting things ready, talking about heading over early."

Shen Fu couldn't help but smile, because this indeed sounded like something his mother would do. His heart felt all warm and fluffy, and a little bit proud.

"What about my brother? Is he coming this time?" Shen Fu didn't forget that he still owed Shen Yan a meal of fruitwood roasted duck. If he didn't live up to his promise soon, the next time he went home, he had a feeling his time there wouldn't be so pleasant. Although they didn't have any fruitwood roasted duck at the restaurant, Lin ShuYi could make some of his signature dishes, and that should satisfy Shen Yan. A couple shared their debts after all.

On the other end of the line, Grandfather Shen laughed loudly. "Of course he's coming, how could he not? Now, he didn't say anything, but he's already settled everything with the business in advance, just waiting for today."

This... was also very much Shen brother's style.

"Alright, then if there isn't anything else, we're getting ready to leave soon."

"Mn." Shen Fu hung up the phone, and walked into the kitchen. "My grandpa and the rest of them are just about finished preparing for the trip over."

Lin ShuYi glanced back, "This early?"

"Mhm." Shen Fu casually hooked both hands in his pockets, leaning against the doorframe. "My mom said that without the two of us at home, everything was too quiet." Heartache was written across Lin ShuYi's entire expression. "Let's renovate our home so that when my mom misses us, she can come over and stay while."

Lin ShuYi nodded without hesitation. If it weren't for the XiQin restaurant and grandpa Yang, he probably would have already moved in with the Shen family in H city.

Shen Fu grinned, "Then I'll look after this. So where are we going to live during the renovation?"

Lin ShuYi thought about it for a moment, then said, "Let's talk to grandpa Yang about it, see if we can stay at his place. Grandpa Yang lives all alone, we could give him a little company."

Hearing Lin ShuYi this, Shen Fu thought it was a pretty good idea. He had originally been planning to live in the restaurant, thinking that it might inconvenience Old Man Yang if they stayed in his home, but Lin ShuYi seemed to have thought it through a bit more carefully than him. Since Old Man Yang lived all alone, if they joined him and kept him company, then they shouldn't be an inconvenience.

While talking to Shen Fu, Lin ShuYi didn't forget to also focus on cooking something for him to eat.

A bright, translucent red soup, crisp green leaves, light yellow scrambled eggs, and little dough drops. Turning off the heat and adding a few last drops of sesame oil on top, from start to finish, this meal didn't even take fifteen minutes.

Shen Fu scooted closer. "Noodles? It smells pretty good."

The bowls in the restaurant were an elegant, artistic style, with a simple flowery pattern in varying shades of blue on light porcelain. Using it to hold a colorful breakfast like this, it was even prettier. Shen Fu leaned in, and just seeing the soup was enough to make his stomach growl. At first glance, he had thought it was noodles, but getting a closer look now, it didn't seem that much like regular noodles. It seemed more like a bowl of large-cut lascute noodle soup.