Ch.25 Duck Blood Pudding Vermicelli Soup

Chapter 25: Duck Blood Pudding Vermicelli Soup

After shopping for a few hours, Lin ShuYi and Shen Fu only ended up buying two phone cases. Xiao Wan, on the other hand, bought much more than two phone cases. It seemed that she was a typical girl after all, and had absolutely no resistance to flashy, pretty little trinkets.

Time passed and the three continued looking around, but it was only when lunch time came around that Lin ShuYi's spirits appeared.

While chatting, Shen Fu, Lin ShuYi and Xiao Wan headed towards a popular food destination, a street lined with all kinds of restaurants. This street was already a little old, but it was situated right in the city's center, and it was unique in its style. The buildings all around were designed with the simple and elegant architecture style of Jiangnan, and there were few who wouldn't pay this place a visit as long as they were in S City.

Restaurants and shops around this street encompassed cuisines from all over China, from delicate little pastures to signature regional dishes, everything one could think of and more were to be found here.

As expected, Xiao Wan was the most familiar with this location. She introduced shops along the way, explaining what foods were available here and there as they walked. Finally, her introductions finished, she turned around and asked Lin ShuYi what he wanted to eat.

Lin ShuYi froze in his tracks, a deer caught in headlights look in his eyes. He had a serious issue with indecision when it came to making decisions concerning food, and this type of question, asking what he wanted to eat among an endless list of options, was just not something he could answer.

Xiao Wan, of course, had no idea what he might want to eat. Shen Fu however understood Lin ShuYi much more clearly, and came to the rescue. Resting an arm across Lin ShuYi's shoulders, he shook his head with a laugh at Xiao Wan. "Oh no, a person like Lin ShuYi, you can only tell him what to eat, you can't ask him what to eat. There is no way he could make a decision."

Especially when it came to food.

Shen Fu thought for a second, then spoke again. "Lin ShuYi can't handle spicy food, so that's off the table. It's also lunchtime right now, so we can leave all the little finger foods and street foods to the afternoon, what we want right now is a full meal. Xiao Wan, I remember you telling me about a famous old duck blood pudding vermicelli soup shop nearby, was that right?"

Xiao Wan nodded.

Shen Fu grinned and gently squished Lin ShuYi's face with his other hand. "Then how about we go eat that?"

With that sentence, the decision was set. Xiao Wan didn't catch Shen Fu's teasing, and thought to herself that Shen Fu's appearance while analyzing and contemplating a decision was extremely handsome.

Lin ShuYi shot Shen Fu a cold look, but didn't bother saying anything. This person didn't just like invading people's personal space, he also liked poking and prodding at them annoyingly. He was nothing like a well-mannered gentleman and much more like some punk kid.

By the time the three of them reached the restaurant's front doors, Lin ShuYi's animosity had all but vanished. He couldn't care less about Shen Fu anymore. The aroma of deliciously fragrant soup reached Lin ShuYi's senses, moving his taste buds and making his eyes water. He looked just like a dog that had spied a large, meaty bone. It was so cute that Shen Fu couldn't help but hold back a laugh.

This was the first time Xiao Wan had seen such a look on Lin ShuYi's face, and she was quite surprised as well. How could the usually cold and stone-faced Xiao Yi gege have such a cute look on his face? This was completely unscientific.