Ch.45 Rice Wine Dumplings

Chapter 45: Rice Wine Dumplings

Both Chen Fang and Shen Fu were stunned by Lin ShuYi's alcohol tolerance.

Among the three of them, Lin ShuYi ended up drinking the most, yet Lin ShuYi was still the clearest of them all. Chen Fang also wasn't drunk, because while everyone around the table was admiring Lin ShuYi's drinking ability, he didn't actually have that much alcohol. Shen Fu, on the other hand, was more than a bit tipsy. In an valiant attempt to take on Lin ShuYi's drinks for him, shouldering what he thought would have been a burden out of unrequited affection, he ended up a bit dizzy himself. Though he was still better off than all the others around the table deep in their cups. If he had known earlier that Lin ShuYi could stay sober through a thousand cups, why on earth would he have put himself through this?

After eating and drinking their fill, Chen Fang, Shen Fu, and Lin ShuYi took their leave, riding the elevator down to the underground parking garage. As they stepped off, Lin ShuYi walked towards one direction, while Chen Fang and Shen Fu towards another.

Shen Fu turned sharply and grabbed Lin ShuYi's arm to stop him. Then, rubbing his temples and with his voice a bit hoarse, he asked, "Where are you going? It's this way."

Lin ShuYi glanced at Shen Fu, and turned his head back towards the direction he was walking, spotting a familiar car. "Isn't that your car? Where are yougoing?"

"Oh." Shen Fu looked past Lin ShuYi, squinting slightly. He was definitely a little muddled from the alcohol. "I forgot to mention, Chen Fang's gonna be driving us. Don't bother with my car, it's just gonna stay there for now."

Overhearing the brief conversation, Chen Fang also glanced back and saw that small, unassuming Hyundai, completely out of place parked among a crowd of luxury cars. A hand on Shen Fu's arm, he laughed, "What happened to your SUV?"

"Didn't take it. If I drove that car in this city, my old man would find me within a day."

Chen Fang glanced at Lin ShuYi, and when he spoke again, his voice was quieter. "If your old man is still looking for you, why did you come here? Aren't you concerned you'll be ratted out?"

Lin ShuYi now heading in the same direction as the other two, Shen Fu fully draped himself across Lin ShuYi's shoulders, making Lin ShuYi hold him up. He spoke hoarsely by Lin ShuYi's ear, "I'm too drunk, help me out a bit."

Watching as Lin ShuYi shot him a dark look, Shen Fu didn't react, and eventually Lin ShuYi kept walking, now helping hold him up. He turned back to Chen Fang. "It's fine, if he wants a challenge, then bring it. It's what I came for anyway."

Lin ShuYi listened in for a few seconds, and not understanding what the conversation was about, he quickly lost interest. Thus, he missed the look of shock and awe on Chen Fang's face.

Making sure that Lin ShuYi wasn't looking over in their direction, Chen Fang mouthed silently, 'Are you serious?'

Not quite looking at Chen Fang, Shen Fu was instead focused on Lin ShuYi's hair. For a long while now, he had been looking for an excuse to touch Lin ShuYi's soft black hair without scaring Lin ShuYi away, and now with the perfect opportunity he rested his head on Lin ShuYi's, pretending to be drunk. Lin ShuYi's hair swept across his cheek, just as smooth as he had imagined.

"Mn," Shen Fu made a noise in agreement, distracted.

Lin ShuYi was already beyond annoyed from Shen Fu leaning against him, and hearing Shen Fu holding a conversation right by his ear, he pushed him away a little. "Can't you walk properly?"

A dramatic wronged expression swept across Shen Fu's face. "You can see that I'm clearly drunk, can't you help me just this one time?"

"If you're so drunk then how are you speaking so clearly!"