Ch.39 Matcha Cookie

Chapter 39: Matcha Cookie

The day after the itinerary for the trip was confirmed, the group of old men and ladies from ChaoYang Street set out. They left behind Lin ShuYi and Shen Fu, who both stared with dismay at the mess left behind in XiQin Restaurant.

Lin ShuYi had said that the refurbishment of XiQin Restaurant would be a given, but he hadn't thought at all about just how it would be refurbished – or in other words, what it should look like after refurbishment. Adding on the fact that he still hadn't told Old Man Yang about it yet, he ended up shelving it for now. In any case, there were still many things he had to do, so there was no hurry to do it immediately.

At that point, Lin ShuYi had already changed his mind. He felt that it would be best to first clarify Shen Fu's identity, after all...

"Hello." It was such a cold day, yet the woman was still wearing a deep blue business dress, her perfectly straight legs bare. She smiled both courteously and politely at Lin ShuYi, but actually, none of these were that important. What was important was that this woman was currently standing in front of Lin ShuYi's home, and she looked a bit familiar.

Lin ShuYi maintained his position after he opened the door. He looked suspiciously at the woman, but he couldn't remember where he had seen her before, nor did he know why she was looking for him. However, Lin ShuYi realized very quickly that this woman clearly wasn't here for him, because after the woman looked at his face, smiling, for two seconds, her line of vision traveled past Lin ShuYi's shoulder.

"Is Young Master Shen here?"

"Young Master Shen?" For a while, Lin ShuYi didn't realize who she was referring to, and he only understood once he glanced back and saw the phone that Shen Fu had left behind. This woman was the same as the man who had come several days earlier to give a report on the situation, and she had come to find Shen Fu. "You're looking for Shen Fu?"

The woman nodded.

Finally Lin ShuYi stepped away from the door and let her come in. "He went out to buy some things, he'll be back soon."

The woman laughed politely before entering and sitting down on the sofa where Shen Fu slept.

Lin ShuYi got up and went to the kitchen to pour her a cup of water, which he placed on the table in front of her. The woman gave a quiet thanks before she carefully assessed the room out of the corner of her eyes. It seemed like there was only one bedroom; could it be that the two of them were already living together?

This room was too small, and there simply weren't any places that required careful scrutinization. Everything in the room was clearly displayed. During these past few days, when they couldn't find that person no matter what they did, it turned out that he had been here the whole time, with this... boy.

As the woman thought, she assessed Lin ShuYi again. No matter how one looked at him, he was a pretty enough young boy.

The sound of the door being pushed open broke through her reverie. As Shen Fu spoke, he entered. "I bought matcha cookies. Will it be too sweet if paired with red date yogurt..." Shen Fu swallowed the latter half of his sentence, and he lifted an eyebrow as he looked at the woman on the sofa. "Anna, why are you here?"

Anna? Lin ShuYi came out from the restroom, head tilted, as he gave the woman another glance. No wonder he thought this woman looked familiar; it turned out that she was the one next to Shen Fu that time when he had knocked over Lin ShuYi's bayberries.

Without waiting for Anna to reply, Shen Fu figured it out. "He went back and informed you guys? His tongue is so loose."

Anna stood up and smiled at Shen Fu. "It's his duty, that's all. It's best if Young Master Shen doesn't get hung up on it."