Ch.30 Lan Zhou Ramen

Chapter 30: Lan Zhou Ramen

This thing finally ended with Yang JianGuo's slap across the face, but everyone knew it was far from over.

Zhao XueMei went back to her parents home in tears. The anger burned stronger and stronger. Somehow it seemed that Yang JianGuo grew a backbone after that incident and never went to pick her up. Now matter how angry she was in Zhao XueMei's family home, he didn't care but because of that, Zhao XueMei just got angrier.

This was the first time in their relationship that they had fought. Before, he didn't even dare raise his voice against her, much less hit her, thus Zhao XueMei blamed it all on old Man Yang and Lin ShuYi. If it wasn't for them, nothing would have happened.

In the end, it was Yang Xiao who brought Zhao XueMei back against Yang JianGuo's wishes. But even then, Yang JianGuo ignored her while pulling a long face. Clearly he was determined to leave her alone for a while. Zhao XueMei had never experienced such treatment before and she threw her anger onto the plates and bowls in the house. The house was in a chaotic atmosphere, very much unlike a 'home'.

On the other hand, the XiQin Restaurant was in a whole another atmosphere.

By now, old man Yang barely even took care of the restaurant itself, leaving it all to Lin ShuYi. From the look of things, he was going to pass the restaurant onto him. As for the old man himself, he would do some light exercise with Xiao Wan's grandma and play chess with old uncle Chen. His days were much more carefree than before.

Thus, this lasted until a day where old man Yang called everyone over and announced the thing that he had been considering.

"From now on, this Xi Qin Restaurant belongs to Xiao Yi."

Other than Shen Fu and Xiao Wan's grandma who weren't surprised, everyone else was dumbfounded, including Lin ShuYi, "What are you saying grandpa?"

Old man Yang waved his hand, indicating him to pause and wait for him to finish. "My life accomplishment...at then end of the day, is just this Xi Qin Restaurant. I never did anything 'great', just kept this restaurant going for half of my life. At first, I thought to pass on this restaurant to my son and grandson as I aged..." Old man Yang paused before continuing with a smile, "but, too bad, I didn't have that luck. Neither my son nor my grandson wants this restaurant, it's not to their standards. But even so, it's my child, even if it isn't worth much, I don't want to just throw it away. So I might as well pass it on to Xiao Yi, then even when I die, I'll know it's still there."

The whole talk was a bit solemn and everyone knew old man Yang was remembering his disappointing and unfilial son and grandson.

Old man Yang didn't say anymore so Xiao Wan's grandma walked up, patting his shoulder as she said, "Old man Yang, don't overthink things. Isn't there still us and the two kids? These two kids, we've been watching them, even if they aren't blood related to you, they treat you like you are. It's not a bad idea to leave it to him, otherwise it would be angering to have Zhao XueMei take over it."

Then everyone started nodding, saying that Xiao Wan grandma's words made sense.

Lin ShuYi held his lips shut the entire time and only spoke up now, "Grandpa, I can't take this restaurant."

Now, everyone, except Shen Fu, was surprised.

"Stupid child, old man Yang already told us he's going to give it to you, why don't you take it?"

Lin ShuYi said, "There are something we can and cannot do. Helping grandpa with the restaurant is something I want to do, something I'm willing to do. When grandpa give me a wage, then it's an equivalent exchange. I got what I deserved from grandpa then the rest I don't deserve. I won't take anything I don't deserve."