Ch.44 Charcoal Grilled Beef Ribs

Chapter 44: Charcoal Grilled Beef Ribs

They had already arrived by the time Lin ShuYi woke up again.

The car had stopped and Shen Fu was bending over to unfasten his seat belt. Since they were too close together, Lin ShuYi's lips directly brushed across Shen Fu's cheek when he turned his head.

A cool and soft sensation was felt as his lips brushed past. Lin ShuYi hesitated for a moment, then he saw Shen Fu raise his head. Jet-black eyes, akin to the black jade that was once awarded to him by the Emperor of Da Yan, seemed to contain a deep light that sucked people in. His heartbeat seemed to have suddenly quickened. Lin ShuYi's face reddened after sensing this and he felt a little awkward, "Are you done?"

Shen Fu naturally knew that this was only an accident, but Lin ShuYi's slightly reddish ears still made him lean on Lin ShuYi's body in a jovial manner that conveyed his reluctance to get up. It was so rare to see a shy Lin ShuYi that would blush with a slight touch. Lin ShuYi was so innocent that it was really a pleasant surprise.

Shen Fu deliberately lightened his tone and whispered in Lin ShuYi's ear, "We're here. My friend is here too. Would you like to see him?"

Lin ShuYi felt so uncomfortable all over that he unwittingly nodded his head in agreement no matter what Shen Fu said.

Shen Fu laughed and wanted to add on when there was a knock from the window. Once he turned around, he saw Chen Fang in the lead, followed by a group of wealthy and pampered sons who came to meet him. They had obviously seen the scene inside through the window. The eyes of each and every one of them were shining as incessant hoots came from their mouths.

Shen Fu frowned. If he had known that they would be such an eyesore, he would not have said that he had just arrived at the gate when he had answered the call.

Shen Fu slowly rolled down the window.

Chen Fang put his hands in his pockets as he looked Lin ShuYi up and down, before teasing. "Excuse me sir, could you move to another venue? Almost all the dishes are served."

Lin ShuYi stared with wide eyes at this group, where even though everyone all had different styles, it was obvious that they were all handsome and wealthy second generations. He did not know why they came over and what relationship they had with Shen Fu.

Shen Fu ignored Chen Fang and softly introduced him to Lin ShuYi, "This is Chen Fang, a good buddy of mine who grew up together with me. The rest are part of H City's Young Master's Association. You can ignore them, they're just part of the background."

The spectators who were labeled as part of the background were unwilling, "Shen-ge, you are really uncool. We specially gathered here to pick you up, ey."

At this time, Lin ShuYi was somewhat aware that these were probably all friends of Shen Fu. Just like how the nobles and royal descendants of Da Yan gathered in small groups, this was the gathering of the rich second generations of H City.

Although he did not know why Shen Fu introduced them to him, it was obvious that one should not forget their manners no matter what. Therefore, Lin ShuYi opened the car door and extended his hand towards Chen Fang in a manner that was neither obsequious nor supercilious. Though his voice was still a little hoarse from sleep, it was still exceptionally calm and pleasant to hear, "Nice to meet you, I am Lin ShuYi."

Chen Fang was apparently stunned by Lin ShuYi's move. Though he expected that Lin ShuYi would be rather formal, he did not expect that Lin ShuYi would not display the slightest hint of stage fright. After a while, Chen Fang smiled and reached out to shake Lin ShuYi's hand, "Nice to meet you too."