Chapter 20

Zhan tried to speak " Yeifei ? " Yibo looked at both Yeifei, Zhan and smiled " Yeifei is joining us for dinner, hope you don't mind ? " Yibo asked, while Zhan and Yeifei stood there looing at each other without breaking eye contact. Zhan forced a smile upon his lips but his eye said otherwise, he nodded his head " No, I don't mind, the more the merrier " he said smiling. Yibo smiled back at him and took Yeifei in. The entire dinner was all about Yibo talking and Zhan and Yeifei staring at each other, like they were mortal enemies. 

After dinner ...

" I will help you with the dishes ! " Zhan suggested to Yibo, while Yibo shook his head " No, You're my guest and moreover you made us dinner, I don't want to trouble you anymore " Zhan shook his head " It's not troubling at all, I'll help you " just then Yeifei took the dirty plates from Yibo and smiled " You know bobo~ You clean the dinner table and me and Zhan would the dishes ? " Zhan hated the idea, but because Yeifei was very clingy Yibo had agreed to it " Make sure to let me know if you guys need anything" Yibo said as Zhan and Yeifei nodded their head walking towards the kitchen to clean the dishes. 

There was unusual silence with Zhan an Yeifei and but he was making sure she wasn't up to any pranks with him. He was being careful around her, after Ten minutes of silence, Yeifei snorted a laugh making Zhan confused about what made her funny, he didn't look at her as he knew she would drag him, so he pretended not to hear her and did the dishes quietly, but she stopped doing the dishes as she leaned against the counter and laughed once more trying to grab Zhan's attention " You know, Karma is funny right ?! You take him from me and look where you are he's gone from you now and probably this time he shall never comeback to you and be there with me forever " she laughed once again, even though Zhan had lot to say to her at that exact moment, he felt as though she was right, her words did hit him in the heart like arrows.

Zhan didn't speak anything, which just made Yeifei more excited " What ?! My words hurt huh? Truth always hurt ! " Yeifei said standing behind Zhan, he flinched stepping away from her as tears threatened to roll down his eyes, he had given up all his hopes at this point and her words hit him repeatedly again and again, he composed himself down and looked at her placing the kitchen cloth on the counter " You know what, go for him if you want and is he's happy than I'm happy as well, but don't expect me to stop loving him ever " Zhan stifled his tears walking out of the kitchen while Yeifei just shrugged at Zhan's words, she didn't care about him even for a single bit, she just was happy that she got to start over with Yibo.

Meanwhile Zhan walked out of Yibo's house, lookin at his house one more time, he sighed as tears rolled down his cheeks, without him knowing he was crying, he let out a huge scream " Why ?! Just Why ?! What did I do to deserve this ?! Deserve any of this ?! " he cried crouching down on the ground crying louder and louder by the minute, he was tired, tired of all of this. HE just wanted this to be a dream, a dream from which he woke up soon.

***

" Here's your order mam, should get you anything else ? " Zhan was back at his shop, he couldn't wait at his place anymore after that night at Yibo's place. " Nothing else, thank you " the costumer said with a smile, while Zhan smiled as well. He went back to the kitchen to make a birthday cake order as it was already getting late, he had to pull an all-nighter to do and since his other employees won't be there, he would probably be working alone. He sighed at this thought scrolling over his phone to think of designs to fit the birthday cake. 

Later at the night ....

All the employees had left already and the shop was closed by now, Zhan had finished cleaning the chairs and the desk and setting them at the right places, wearing his apron once again he went back to the kitchen to start working on the cake. Even though he tried to concentrate his thoughts were stuck upon Yibo and Yeifei, he wondered whether they were together now or not. But all he felt at that moment as a feeling of a looser, he didn't fight with her for Yibo, he simply allowed her to get back with him without even putting on a fight. He was battering and that when he had the 'ding' sound of the bell attached to the shop's door. Zhan sighed as he forgot to hang the closed sign and some customer might have thought the shop was still open, so without even looking who had come, he shouted from the kitchen " We are sorry, but the shops closed, can you comeback at Eight tomorrow morning ? "  Zhan asked from the kitchen.

But he didn't hear any reply, Zhan was confused, he knew he heard the sound of the bell, so he took a frying pan, just in case if it was burglar he would attack him first, he opened the kitchen door slowly and raised his frying pan in the air to hit the intruder " AHHH! Get out ! " he screamed closing his eyes in attempts to hit the person. But the person held his hands and laughed " Wow! What did I do to get hit by a frying pan ? " Zhan opened his eyes hearing the very known voice, he saw Yibo laughing in front of him making Zhan embarrassed, he put the pan down at the counter and gave an awkward smile " I...umm.... I thought you were some burglar " Zhan said scratching his head.

Yibo laughed once again " Well I'm sorry for giving you the wrong impression, I didn't hear anyone and your voice sounded muffled, so that's why I thought I'll the kitchen " he said smiling, Zhan made a surprised face " Well I did scream loud, was my voice that low ? " he questioned himself and then came back to senses when he had no idea why Yibo had come there at the first place " What made you come here at this time ? The shops closed ~ " he said looking confused. Yibo gave an awkward smile as well " Well...I... I know that shop would bee closed at this hour, that's why I'm here, I...umm.. Can we sit down ? " he asked, to which Zhan nodded his head.

Both the men, went to the kitchen before making sure the front door of the shop was locked this time for sure. Zhan sat on the chair in the kitchen while Yibo sat opposite to him looking around his kitchen " Wow it's been long since I came here " Yibo said smiling, Zhan nodded " So ~ What brings you here ? " he asked still confused why Yibo was there. Yibo sighed as he crossed his arms looking at Zhan " umm... I was wondering why did you leave without telling me the other day, did I do something wrong ? " Zhan suddenly remembered all of Yeifei's words and his tone and expression changed, yet he smiled like nothing happened " ummm... I had some work, I did say to Yeifei that I was going " Yibo nodded his head " But... You didn't say anything to me " he made a confused face once again, Zhan smiled so that Yibo wouldn't ask more " I was in an urgent " 

Yibo nodded in a way that he was still not sure if Zhan was telling the truth, but since he felt he shouldn't pressure him he stopped asking question, he looked at the counter behind Zhan and saw the dough he had prepared " Are you baking cake ? " Zhan looked back and smiled nodding his head " Yes, Yes I am " there was awkward silence once again, as Zhan smiled trying to break the awkward atmosphere " umm... If you would like you can stay here and help me out if you want ? " Yibo nodded his head happily, he was excited like a five year old " I would love it " Zhan smiled opening the drawer beside him " Here, my apron " he gave the apron which originally belonged to Yibo whenever the two would cook together, he decided to keep it with himself as it was one of the things that remained Zhan of his relationship with Yibo.

Yibo nodded taking the apron and tying it around his waist, both the men began to bake as Yibo learned as well as helped Zhan decorate the cake and everything, both of them were chatting and Zhan had forgotten about all his problems for a while, he was enjoying his time with Yibo and so was Yibo who looked carefree and happy.

After a while ...

" And now we wait, for twenty minutes " Zhan said setting the timer, so the cake to cool down for the initial cooling before frosting. Yibo nodded his head and looked at the frosting cones Zhan had prepared, I think we should use edible flowers and pearls, Zhan said looking in his box of cake decorations and Yibo hummed as response just then, Yibo noticed some flour beside Zhan's chin. He reached for his chin stretching his one finger, as Zhan turned all of sudden Yibo's finger accidently hit Zhan's eyes and Zhan flinched immediately, Yibo who was shook was very worried " Oh my god ! I'm so sorry, let me see ~ " he said trying open Zhan's eyes to see if his eyes were okay. But Zhan stepped back as he felt he was standing too close to Yibo.

" It's alright, I'm good, no worries " Zhan said trying to comfort Yibo, but Yibo wasn't ready to back off " Let me see, please " Zhan took his hand down so that Yibo could check his eyes, as Yibo inspected Zhan's eyes. For a couple of minute he stopped as he looked straight in Zhan's eyes. Zhan froze as well, while Yibo's finger ran over his cheeks to his chin and over to his lips, he stopped as his eyes fixed upon Zhan's lips meanwhile Zhan stood frozen too as he didn't know what was happening. At that moment Yibo didn't know what took him over, he bend down to kiss Zhan. The kiss was a light pec where Yibo was the only one moving his lips, while Zhan's eyes grew big in surprise as he couldn't process what was happening.

***

To Be Continued ...