1: it's time

Mulai dari awal

-Well, welcome home, dear- I watched Richard as he went to stand next to the stairs.

Jackson and I talked a little more until Derek came in a hurry and stepped on the stairs, getting everyone's attention. Still, he didn't see me.

-It's great to be back- he started- first of all, I'd like to thank Dr Webber for stepping up in my absence. Thank you- we clapped and I smiled looking at the old man- I'm grateful for all of you, all your support during my recovery. Thank you, it's just great to be back as chief. I'm grateful for the...- he silenced as he observed the scans at his hands before he shook his head- I'm sorry, that's a lie. It's what people say, and the truth is I hate being chief. I hate it.

-Oh my god- I whispered as shocked as everybody else.

-Chief Webber- Derek pointed at him- Chief Webber is our chief. And I'm sorry, but this giant...Sorry, I've got to look at this chordoma. I'm sorry, but... I quit.

He left the place before he could even see me or I could say anything.

-What the hell?- I looked at Jackson.

-¡Little Shep!- I closed my eyes as I heard Mark's voice.

-Well, crap- I cursed and turned to face him, ignoring Jackson's look of amusement at my reaction before he left me alone with Sloan.

-Mark, how you doin'?

-How am I doing? What are you doing here? Does Derek know you're here? Why didn't you tell me you got your boards?- he started to shoot questions at me.

-Wow, wow- I stopped him- slow down. I've got a job here. No, Derek doesn't know yet because I was gonna tell him now and he just quit?- I asked still confused- anyways, I did tell you both I took and pass my boards a couple of months ago.

-No, you didn't.

-I sent you a message.

-The book, pen and check emojis? That's what those were?- he raised his eyebrows - that's a lot of crap, Cora!

-I know, I know- I awkwardly smiled- look, Mark, I know I cut you two off, but you have to understand that I felt awful after you two moved away from New York and left me behind.

He slacked off a little bit.

-It hurt me. A lot- he looked at my eyes that where a little watery- I was angry and sad and I couldn't just leave my residency behind and ask for a match at Seattle when I finally had found stability in my life and I got used to the hospital. But you both did. You both left and didn't even consider how I would feel.

-I'm sorry, sunshine- he put his hand on my shoulder and spoke from his heart.

-I know, you've said that a million times and I forgive you- I nodded- you may not believe it but I actually listen to you when we speak, Mark. Your life is much better now and I'm happy for you. And Derek... I know he misses me. Mom told me. But I wasn't ready to come here and change my whole life, until...

-Until he almost die?

-Yeah, it sounds harsh, but it made me realize that changing my life a little bit and leaving my comfort zone for my family might actually be worth it. Because accidents happen. Shootings happen. And I don't know if I could have ever live with the pain of knowing that he thinks I'm still mad at him...

-Sounds like a good plan to me, Cora- he smiled and got paged- gotta go, sunshine. Speak to your brother and maybe we could all have a drink later? And catch up!

-I'll think about it- I shouted so he could hear me since he was already leaving.

...

I wonder around the hospital for a long time, trying to think about what I would say to my brother.