22: girls just wanna have fun

8x19

8x19

I sat next to Arizona at the meeting room as Jackson gave all the attendings some papers.

-"Excellence is not an act, but a habit", Aristotle- Bailey read out loud- Avery, what is Aristotle doing in our staff meeting, and why are you even in here handing these out?

-You mean when I could be practicing medicine or studying for my boards?- he snapped- yeah, I've asked myself that same question.

-Cranky- I murmured making the blonde laugh.

-Mm! This is delicious- she said talking about the muffin- when did Hunt bump up the donut budget?

-As Chief, I'm a firm believer that a nice variety of baked goods is the right way to start any meeting- Mark spoke entering the room.

-I'm sorry, as Chief?- I mocked.

-What are you talking about?- Derek frowned.

-Okay, calm down everyone- Mark sat down with Jackson standing next to him- Dr Hunt and Dr Yang are down with the flu. I'll be acting Chief in Dr Hunt's absence. Could be a day. Could be a week. What do we got for today?

-He asked you directly to be the Chief?- I squinted my eyes.

-Yes, he did. Any other questions?

We finished the meeting and I approached my boyfriend.

-Hey, Avery- I smirked- you're officially Mark's bitch. Congrats, babe.

He gave me an annoyed look and walked away as I laughed.

...

-Sunshine- Derek called me in the hallway- I need your help in this case. Mark keeps telling me to rise and nothing I come up with seems to please him.

-Sure- I nodded- talk to me while we go to daycare. I wanna see the girls.

We both went there as we spoke about possible solutions. When we got there, Mer was sitting on a hassock.

-Hey- I smiled at her and we sat next to her- so, why didn't Cristina came?

-She's got the flu.

-Come on, Mer, she's never missed a day at work because she's been sick, ever. You gotta fix it before Mark ends up killing my brother.

-I can't fix it- she smiled watching Derek play with Zola- not this. He cheated on her.

-He what?- I opened my mouth in shock- when?

-I don't know the whole story. Cristina didn't tell me, he told me not really knowing he was telling me.

-Does Cristina know you know?

-She knows. I mean, she doesn't know, but she knows- I nodded understanding.

-So what do we do? We punch him? Threat him? Yell? I'm pretty good in all of those.