I

🎶kyun meri saans bhikuch bhiki si haidooriyon se huyienazdiki si haijaane kya, yeh baat haihar subha, aab raat haikuch kum roshan hai roshnikuch kum gili hai baarishein

kuch bhiki si hai
dooriyon se huyie
nazdiki si hai
jaane kya, yeh baat hai
har subha, aab raat hai
kuch kum roshan hai roshni
kuch kum gili hai baarishein... 🎶

◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽

Kiara's living room's clock read 12:00 am.

"Happy birthday, baby." Kiara whispered in Namit's ears.

"Thank you." He kissed her lips lightly and grinned at her.

She then untangled his arms from around her and got up to get the chocolate cake that she'd baked for him.

He cut it and fed it to her before taking a huge bite himself.

"Mmmm, no one can beat you when it comes to baking. It tastes out of the world." Namit had been a goner for Kiara since the first time he'd tasted her food.

She giggled. "Tell me, if I give you a choice between my kisses and my cooking, what would you choose?"

"Umm, that's a hard one. I think I'll go with your cooking."

"Oh really?" Kiara raised her eyebrows. "Then you better get used to living without my kisses."

He crawled near her and whispered, "What about you? I don't think you can live without my kisses." He was nuzzling his nose in her neck.

"That's not fair. Get off me." She was trying her best not to moan.

"Not until you kiss me." He started tickling her slowly.

Now she was laughing whole-heartedly. "Okay okay, fine."

She pecked his lips. "I love you."

"I love you, too."

Kiara was brought back to reality when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned and saw her mother staring at her with pity in her eyes.

"Are you fine, beta?" She asked.

Kiara looked around and found herself in the same living room where she was celebrating Namit's birthday a year ago. Everything was so different last year. So happy.

How can things change so drastically in a year?

Tears of frustration made its way through her eyes. "Why did it happen to me, maa? What did I do to deserve all this?"