SOME PEOPLE NEVER CHANGE

SMOKE AND MIRRORS

_______________c h a p t e r  t w e n t y - t h r e e

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

_______________
c h a p t e r t w e n t y - t h r e e

After Liam gets off of the phone with Mason, Derek handcuffs him to the bench.

"I'm sorry, but was there nothing better than those puny handcuffs? I could break those as a human," Carson puts her head in her hands.

"She's not wrong. If he's as wild as you say, he'll break out of those no problem," Sofia turns around.

"I brought something to help you," Derek pulls out the triskelion, making Sofia look on in amusement. "This has been in my family for centuries. It's a very powerful, supernatural talisman. We use it to teach betas how to control themselves on a full moon."

He then turns to Stiles and Carson, gesturing to the piece of metal. It was about as powerful as a pencil, but they couldn't tell Liam that.

"Yes it's powerful."

"So much power it's crazy."

______

"So Malia, tell me something," Tyler leans forward.

"I'm trying to hear the music."

"Do you even know who this is?"

"Um," she looks at the radio. "Katy Perry."

"Adele but close enough, I guess. You know, your friends give me a very bad rep. I'm not as bad as they make me sound."

"So you didn't pretend to like Carson and then drown her?"

"Okay I did not pretend-"

"And you didn't threaten Lydia, Stiles, and Scott after she rejected you?"

"You made your point. All I'm saying is, people change."

"You don't earn a nickname like Satan's spawn unless you're really evil," she rolls her eyes.

"Okay, do you know what it's like to really like someone and they just end up wanting some other guy? And the other guy isn't even on your level? I mean he can hardly throw a ball."

"I don't think that matters to her. Also, I'm pretty sure murderer is a bit less forgivable than weak, but I don't know."

"Sorry, I forgot you were the poster child for morality."

"Well nobody's calling me Satan's spawn, so I'm doing something right."

"Are you worried about them?" Peter questions, finally speaking up.

"Yes, of course I'm worried about them. They're my friends."

"Should I be worried about you?"

"What do you mean?"