Chapter 1

Fair warning people! I do not live in the UK, which makes it pretty difficult for me to exactly write about there. So, the school in my fic consists of 9th-12th grade. This might not be how it works in reality but, that's how I am making it work. Hope this helps you in understanding. Thank you and happy reading :)

***

Fictional Character POV (this is not Louis or any of the boys. Stick around to understand)

First day.

Those two words are enough to send me into a panic. Today was my first day in a new high school, tenth grade and as if to add up to the hardships, it was a new town for me. It was just about an hour away from the city of Doncaster. My dad shifted his business to the city but didn't want a spoilt, rich kid life for me so decided to live nearby and not really in it. I got enrolled into the only public high school on the very day that we settled down and now I'm standing dressed in my driveway waiting for one of my parents to drive me there. If I'm being honest, its not just all negative. I'm excited to meet new people and make friends, adapt to the lifestyle and have a great four years of my life. Well, at least hopefully. I was lost in my thoughts when my mom pulled up right beside me and called.

"Honey, get in or youll be late for the first day of school!"

"Coming."

I got into the car and prepared myself to have a good look outside since I was mostly sleeping on the way here. Usually, I always love to rest my head on the window with earphones plugged into my ears and music at a volume based on my mood. But today, I just wanted to enjoy the view, the trees passing by, the clean streets, the cool breeze and the light sunshine. The weather was perfect, almost like it was made to make my first day better. I was loving the day so far and had my fingers crossed mentally for a good day ahead.

Quite a time later, we reached the high school, my high school. The building was a pretty sight to look at. It was huge and had a light brown-brick texture with red, triangular like structures on the top. The field right outside the entrance door was finely maintained and had tiny, green grass spread all over it. I was mesmerized by the view and images of Hogwarts instantly started flashing in my mind. I could easily go back and imagine the flying brooms, the quidditch field with Red-Golden and Green-Silver colours all around, the great hall, the long, white beard of Dumbledore, the  magical ceiling, the potions lab with multiple cauldrons sitting on top of the tables, the old yet royal hallways, the shifting stairs; I could even hear the bustle of the crowded lessons and that is when I got lost in my world. I was standing right there, in the middle of the parking lot with my eyes physically open but not noticing anything that was actually in front of me. I was far from the real world. I stood there frozen when I heard a faint voice. As I came to my senses, I realized that there was a car behind me and a boy had his head hanging out the window, telling me to step aside. Even though he seemed mad at me for standing in his way, his tone was gentle and kind.

You would have guessed that once I was snapped back to reality, I would have stepped aside and maybe even apologized, but the inability of my feet to move was amplified as I was staring at absolutely the finest boy Ive ever laid my eyes on. He had blonde hair which shone bright in the sunlight and his eyes, even though I was standing afar, were noticeably sea blue with a beautiful rainbowish texture but mostly tinges of yellow, green and purple. He was wearing round, black glasses and two bracelets on his left arm which was rested on the steering wheel. I was too busy admiring the boys features to notice the other two in the car. The one with curly hair also peeped out of the backseat window and looked at me with concerned eyes as if there was something wrong with me. Well, there was! The other one though didnt seem to care and was busy scrolling through his phone. He had dark, stylish hair and was wearing a beanie that suited him. He looked verily attractive and slightly familiar even though I could not get a clear look at his face. Anyway, that thought was pushed away as my focus kept on moving to the blonde one. My daydreaming was almost perfect but then the boy opened the door of his car and stepped out of it. He was wearing a white, half sleeves t-shirt and black jeans which were quite loose near his waist. His black sneakers looked a little dusty as he walked towards me.

"Hey there, can I help you?" he looked confused and carried a hint of irritation as well. When I just stood there staring at him, he encouraged me to speak up by touching my left arm and looking at me with a soft look in his eyes. I didn't know how to respond. The boy I was crushing on a minute ago is now standing right in front of me, touching my arm.

"Umm... Hey... I uh, I am just going to walk in now. See you around." I panicked, feeling very embarrassed and shy at the same time. I had just turned around to leave when he called out. "Are you new here? You look a bit lost."

"Well, yes. This is my first day."

His expression quickly changed into a friendly one. "Hello, Im Niall. I've been living in this town forever and if you want I can help you get to your class" he smiled.

I was a little nervous, okay, a lot nervous but I tried to look confident as I said to him, "Yeah, that would be cool. Thank you." Dang it! Im such a dork. That would be cool. Really? That's all you could come up with? You didn't even tell him your name. What kind of a creep does that? Anyway, now try to make it up later and be sensible.

I finally moved aside and waited for him to park his car. It didn't take very long until he was getting out of his car again and I saw him waving his two friends off then walking towards me.

"Hey, I'm sorry that took long. Let's get you to the front desk first."

"No worries." I replied as we started to walk into the building.

************************************

Hello guys. If you're here then, I want to thank you with all my gratitude because it means a lot to me. Every single read, vote and comment makes me happy and it is amazing to have you here, reading something that I spend quite a time working on. Stick by the end and I promise you the story will get better :)

Have a nice day, luvs. xxx