Chapter 9: The "Brave hearts"

Mr. Lee is in Seoul, half happy and half sad about the situation he is in now. Mrs. Kang took good care of the kids. They are now happily living.

For Mr. Lee's surprise Hobi is not asking about their parents, nor talking about them. Mr. Lee thought it was a good sign, and didn't dare to mention them when they are there.

~2 years passed~

Mr. Lee called out for the boys. "Cutiepies. Shall we go?"

Little Hoseok yelled out. "Yes, uncle. I'm ready.
Bye aunty, Bye cookie." Then Jinnie, "Bye, aunty. Bye, cookie."

They waved bye to each other.

Mr. Lee is going to school to drop Hobi and Jinnie. Jinnie slept in the car, on the lap of Mr. Lee. They were silent in the car for a while. Mr. Lee wanted to ask something. "Hobi pie, I want to ask something."

"Go on, uncle." He said looking at his uncle.

"Why are you not asking about your dad, aunt and uncle?"

Mr. Lee didn't ask about his mother, because he know that she's fine, at her house. She totally shut herself down in the house, refused to see her own son after what happened. She thinks that she is also at blame for leaving with them, listening to his brother (Mr. Kim) and not Mrs. Kim and her husband.

Little Hobi after sometime without any expression started talking. "Uncle, I know what happened to dad, uncle and aunty."

He faced outside from the car window, seeing the trees passing by.

"Y-You do?"

He started to tear up seeing the expressionless face in front of him.
Hearing him tear up, Hobi immediately turned his face towards Mr. Lee.

"Don't cry, uncle. I, now, know why my aunt was asking me to promise her to take care of my brothers.
That's the reason I also asked you to write the words on the paper." He said slightly smiling.

I know everything about what happened. When I went back to get ready for school, I switched on the TV as usual and as I changed the channels, I saw the news, which you were seeing when I came down.
It said Mr. Kim, my uncle, his wife, my aunt and his brother-in-law, my appa died in an accident..

And I'm even sad about it. I even want to go to them. I want to hug them, too. I miss them so much, uncle..

But, I promised my aunt and appa, that I will be strong and be with my brothers and take care of them. And I will do that..

And about my mother, my grandma called me and talked to me. It's ok, she said, she will be back after some time. I don't know when. Till then, it's in my hands..

I know I'm not supposed to talk about this, 'like' this. But, I can now understand everything. Anyways, Mr. Lee, I have to go. Take care. We will talk in the evening, uncle. We are talking! Bye, uncle." He said as he wiped the tears rooled down his small face.

Hobi tapped slowly on Jinnie to wake him up. Hobi was still in the car, waiting for an answer.

Mr. Lee tapped on Hobi's head. "I'm proud of you, Hobi. They will be, too." He said as the tears rolled down, not stopping. Mr. Lee also went back to the house, to take care of the baby.

The day somehow passed. And Mr. Lee went to school and brought Hobi and Jinnie back home.
Hobi went to take a shower, came back and started to talk about the same thing, they were talking in the car.

"Uncle, Lee. Sit. We are talking about it, as I said.
I know I shouldn't talk, like this in this age. But, "Whatever happens, happens for good". I'm believing it. And I want everybody to believe it. And now my question is, what exactly happened there? I want to know. Tell me everything without missing anything, uncle."

"I will tell you everything, Hobi. But, are you ready to hear it?"

"I am, uncle. Go on."

Just then, Jinnie came down stairs after a good shower and sat beside his brother.

"Jinnie pie, I and brother are talking about something important. Will you go and pla-" He said looking at Jinnie, but got cut abruptly as Hobi started talking.

"He knows everything too, uncle. Don't worry."

Mr. Lee with a confused face he asked, "How?"

"He woke up at the sound of the TV. He also saw the news with me. He asked me what does that mean. I explained it in a different way. That Uncle, Aunty and Appa are in Heaven and waiting for us there.
Well, he still believes it." He explained.

'When are we going to them?" Jin asked Mr. Lee as he glanced at both of them. "We will, but when the time comes, Jinnie.
You go on, uncle. I'm waiting." He sighed silently. Mr. Lee took some time in his world to process everything and started telling everything without missing a bit.

"That's it, he is now in jail. I did everything to put him in jail."

"Doesn't mean he will not come back for us for taking revenge on you, uncle or on us.
We should always be careful uncle, Lee..."

I will not spare any guy who try to ruin families.

Even though uncle did nothing, Mr. Jang killed him. Who wants to kill somebody for not accepting their proposal..

Jinnie, isn't he like Mr. Baldman?" Little Hoseok asked booping Little Jinnie's nose. Little Jinnie giglled cutely, "Yes, he is. He is rude and bad." Mr. Lee, confused. "Mr. Baldman? Who is it?"

Little Hoseok looked at Baby Jinnie. "We started seeing a new series. In that a person named Paul, who is rude. He is bald. So, we named him Mr. Baldman."

Three of them laughed out loud. Mrs. Kang called them for dinner. They went to bed after having their supper. But, as usual Jinnie pie and Hobi pie settled on the couch to continue watching the new series.

__________________________________________________