Resting in peace

"Kakashi-sensei." Naruto walked into the Hokage office to see Kakashi drinking water.

"Naruto? What's the matter?" Kakashi's eyes went to Sasuke. "Sasuke?"

"We want to ask you something. If you can provide us with an answer."  Naruto said, holding onto Sasuke's hand.

"Okay...ask me then." Kakashi said.

"Years ago, there was a Uchiha massacre done by Itachi, is it true that he did it to protect Konoha from a civil war that would've been caused by the Uchiha clan?"

Kakashi sighed and leaned forward some with his elbows on the desk. "I don't know who told you that, but yes it is true-Lord Third asked Itachi to kill his clan to save Konoha."

Sasuke looked up at Kakashi. "And the day I returned from Konoha after attending school?"

"He just finished killing your parents, who accepted their death with honor. They knew Itachi was doing it for the right reason."

Naruto turned to look at Sasuke. "Sasuke?"

"I told you, didn't I?" Sasuke looked at Naruto. "I'll accept the truth and do the right thing."

"Which is?" Kakashi asked.

"To move Itachi's body in Konoha, so he can rest in peace."

"You can't leave Konoha to retrieve his body."

"I know-" Kakashi interrupted Sasuke.

"But I can send someone to bring it inside of Konoha for you."

"Really?"

"As long as you truly accept his reasoning for killing the clan, I'll allow you to rebury him in Konoha."

"Thank you, um, Lord Sixth."

Kakashi waved off Sasuke. "Please, call me Kakashi-sensei."

"Okay Kakashi-sensei."

Kakashi looks at Naruto. "I meant to tell you Naruto, good job on the building."

"Thanks Kakashi-sensei."

~~~

It has been a week since Itachi's reburial, and Sasuke never left Naruto's side since then.

Whether it was to go get something to eat, to visit his home, or to visit Naruto.

Sasuke stuck by his side the entire time.

Naruto understood why, Sasuke had to rebury his brother for a different reason. Not to just bury it out of the enemy's hands, but to bury it to give him peace. To place him in the village he called home.

They trained twice in that one week, but Sasuke was just not up for it sometimes. His mind was clouded with thoughts of his brother.

"Sasuke?"

"Hm?"

"Is it a bad time to tell you I had another nightmare?"

"No, you can tell me it."

"Itachi and this girl was crying in each other's arms, they were fading away, and no matter how many times I yelled. They couldn't hear me. But...Itachi said her name in a whisper that I could hear. He said 'Izumi' before they vanished."

"I remember hearing a name like that, I think Itachi and her were friends...or maybe more. He barely spoke of his love life more than a few words like 'she's amazing' or 'she's a really great person to be around'."

"I bet now they're together in the afterlife. In true peace."

"If only I could see him in my nightmares or dreams."

"I bet he'll visit you too soon."

"You think so?"

"Yeah, give him time, I bet he wants to make sure he's not still hated by you."

"I don't hate him anymore." Sasuke peeked his head from under the covers to look at Naruto. "I told you before, he's my brother, and I won't hold a grudge against him over this."

"He's lucky to have a brother like you, I wish I had a sibling."

"Konohamaru is like your little brother, he looks up to you, follows your footsteps, loves being trained by you, and calls you 'Big Brother'."

Naruto grinned. "I guess you're right, I do see him as my little brother sometimes."

"He'll be happy hearing you say that."

"I won't tell him or he'll never stop talking about it."

"Don't be mean to him, Naruto."

"He is a stubborn brat still."

"Haha." Sasuke buries his face into Naruto's chest. "His feelings will be hurt."

"He'll be alright."

"Uh-huh, we'll see about that."

"Are you going back to sleep, Sasuke?"

"Just taking a little nap."

"I'll take one too."

"Okay."

"Can we train when we wake up?"

"Sure, just don't go over the top this time."

"I won't."