Goodbye Naruto

"What are you doing out of the hospital loser?" Sasuke asked once he stopped in his tracks. He stood in front of Naruto, who was shocked to see Sasuke. 

"That's not important right now, where you going?" 

Sasuke shrugs. "Does it matter where I go?"

"You never talk about anything, barely you even mention what's on your mind with me. Why are you carrying your bag?" 

Sasuke scuffs. "Go to bed loser. I don't need to explain myself to you." 

"Sasuke!" Naruto was upset. His friend was trying to leave the village. 

"Go back to the hospital Naruto, people will notice you're gone." Sasuke said as he turned around to walk away. 

"Is this about Orochimaru? Are you really looking for more power?" 

Sasuke kept walking away without replying. 

"Answer me!" Naruto cried out. 

Sasuke stopped. "Sakura will need you to protect her, so go rest and protect her for me." 

"S-Sasuke." Naruto took a step forward. "What about me?" 

"What about you?" 

"I need my friend here in Konoha, I need my comrade, my old classmate, my teammate on Team 7, and..." Naruto looked down to his slippered feet. "My...c-crush." 

Sasuke sighed. "A meaningless word to use to describe me. Is that the best you have to say?" 

"Sasuke?" 

"Naruto." Sasuke turned around to face Naruto. "Go back. My business doesn't concern you." 

"Sa-" Naruto was cut off by a pair of soft lips on his. The lips left his before he could process what happened. "...suke?"

Sasuke looked into Naruto's eyes, his eyes were filled with pain and regret, and Naruto's eyes were filled with sadness and worry. "Go back. I don't want to hurt you." 

"But-" 

"Goodbye Naruto." Sasuke whispered before vanishing. 

Naruto looked around frantically. "Sasuke?" Naruto ran towards the entrance of the village. Sasuke wasn't there nor could Naruto see him. "Sasuke? Where are you?" He ran to Sasuke's home, which was completely empty except for the bed, nightstand, dresser, and picture frame that was put down. "Sasuke?" Naruto fell to his knees, tears streaming down his face. His bottom lip quivered and grabbed his chest and cried out. "Sasuke! Sasuke! Why! Why did you leave me! Why did you leave us! Why..." Naruto's cries hitched in his throat, his breathing become unsteady. "Why did you kiss me and leave? Did our friendship...not mean anything to you?" 

Naruto choked out another sob, his throat becoming strain and hoarse from shouting. "Did I not mean anything to you, Sasuke?"