Whiplash

So much happened between Naruto and Sakura, first it was the C-rank mission that turned into a rescue mission to retrieve Gaara, who is the Kazekage of the Sand Village. Then it was the Akatsuki that so happened to be ones kidnapping Gaara, and the reason was to extract the One Tails out of him. 

In the end, Chiyo, the Sand Village's elder sacrificed her life to save Gaara's life, who was on the verge of dying by a thin thread of his own life. 

Team 7 was given a new member named Sai, who was emotionless and said unnecessary things to everyone, but although neither Sakura nor Naruto liked the idea of Sasuke's spot being filled in by someone else. They couldn't disagree or argue against it. 

They needed a three man team to continue doing missions. 

Yamato was the new interim Captain of Team 7, and lead them to their new mission once they assembled. 

Naruto repeated Sasuke's hurtful words in his head during that mission; I can't submit to these feelings I have for you. 

He was going to bring back Sasuke no matter what, and redo his confession to him-he can't accept those words as his answer. Sasuke said it himself that he likes Naruto, but his revenge towards his own brother was preventing him from doing so. 

"Sasuke..." Naruto thought, determination in his eyes. "I will show you that you can open up to others again, I promise to lead you onto the right path. It's my ninja way, dattebayo!" 

~

They made it to Tenchi Bridge to attempt to fool Kabuto, but it ended in a fight which Naruto unleashed his Nine-Tails from rage. 

Seeing Orochimaru, the one that bit Sasuke and forced him to come to him for more power, angered him. 

He wanted to kill him, to kill them both-Kabuto and Orochimaru. 

His mind was enveloped by the demon fox, but he could still still faint images of his crush, Sasuke Uchiha. He was on the tree, where they confessed to one another, and told him the same words Naruto hated to hear. 'I can't submit to these feelings I have for you'. 

Why not! 

Naruto shouted in his mind but Sasuke disappeared from view, he was surround by a body of water drowning him, and Sasuke was on top of the water looking down on him. Sasuke walked away from Naruto, while Naruto tried to swim to him. But to no avail-Sasuke was gone.

But he injured Sakura in the process of trying to kill them-his Nine-Tails chakra hurt one of his friends. 

Yamato managed to tame Naruto from fully turning, and Sakura healed Naruto, but when Naruto awoke-he did not remember anything.

~

Naruto and Sakura attempt to pursue them through the forest, Naruto's vision becomes blurred, causing him to nearly hit a tree trunk. 

He gets himself out of the way just in time, and Sakura, who was keeping her eyes on Naruto, attempts to get to higher ground as well; however, the wound in her right arm causes her to release her grip and she falls.

 Naruto attempts to catch her in mid-air but fails, and Yamato speeds to the ground in order to safely catch her. Naruto notices the wound on her arm and asks how she got it, urging Sakura to lie to him that it was caused by Orochimaru. 

She tells them that she will be fine, but Yamato tells her to rest. Despite his initial words that they could not waste any time in their pursuit, Yamato explains that there is a difference between rushing and being reckless. As Sakura attempts to heal her wounds, to no avail, Yamato nominates Naruto as his new combat partner and begins to walk into the woods in order for the pair to develop a battle strategy. 

However, as soon as they get out of Sakura's earshot, Yamato tells Naruto that he was the one who caused Sakura's injury.

~

After Naruto blamed himself and Yamato reassured Naruto, saying he can't succumb to his anger in the future and use his own strength instead of the Nine-Tails, they averted the conversation to something else. 

~

The team managed to arrive to the hideout, Sai was already inside from going ahead to find it earlier, and they discuss a plan to get inside. 

Naruto's heart was racing. Sasuke was close, he was going to see Sasuke again. His Sasuke.

As much as he didn't want to claim Sasuke as his yet, his mind and heart already wanted Sasuke-he couldn't wait any longer. He have to see him again. 

~

Team 7 managed to get in, and found Sai, Naruto scolds Sai for going ahead but Sai didn't flinch or react to Naruto's scolding. 

Team 7 goes above ground to bind Sai. 

Sai is confused over his motives, and reveals that he had just met Sasuke a short while ago, and that Sasuke showed no concern for Naruto. 

Sai is unable to understand why Naruto would want to save someone who does not want to be saved, who does not want the same bond Naruto seems to share with him, especially when he is not under any orders to do so. 

Naruto tells Sai that there was a time when he hated Sasuke, as Sasuke was top of the class while he himself was at the bottom. 

However, over time the two made a bond, and Naruto credits Sasuke as the first person to truly accept him. 

Naruto claims that it is because of that bond that he will protect Sasuke, even if it means taking down Orochimaru, who Sai told them was always with Sasuke. Sai is slightly moved by Naruto's words, but remains indifferent. Naruto, on the other hand, prepares himself to go rescue Sasuke.

"I left out the part about me loving him." Naruto thought, his cheeks red imagining that classroom kiss scene again. That kiss that sparked the bond between them that neither expected to happen. But it did. "He doesn't need to know anyway." 

~

Kabuto ambushed them after locating them, but they managed to get away-leaving Sai with him above ground.

They ran through the hallways and empty doors to search for their comrade. Naruto opened each and every door he could find, but to no avail-he couldn't find Sasuke. 

All of a sudden, he heard a loud explosion, which he ran to. It was revealed to be a huge hole to the outside. There was no one out there, which Naruto was confused-who did the explosion? 

He stood at the entrance before taking a few steps to the outside. He was about to turn around thinking it was a fight above ground, when a voice made him stop in his tracks. 

"Hello loser."