To do what I must do-(Sasuke POV)

I arrived at Orochimaru's hide out. My chest ached in pain knowing that kiss will be our last, and the image of his sadden expression cursed my mind. I rejected him and said goodbye with a kiss. I can't imagine how broken he feels right now.

In the end, I had to do it, I made a bond with him that is too strong. I can't get weak for anyone else, my vulnerability is already visible to those close to me. An enemy like Orochimaru could use that against me-I must conceal these meaningless emotions.

"Sasuke-kun..." a sinister voice hisses in the dark of the hide out.

"Orochimaru." I said in a cold monotone.

"No need to be so tense. Relax." Orochimaru said before appearing in front of me. "Find the journey fun?"

"Cut the chit-chat, let's start this already." I said glaring at him.

"So demanding." Orochimaru snickers. "As you wish, Kabuto will show you to your room, and to the training area."

I hummed in response and followed Kabuto to my room, which was small but that didn't matter. I put my bag down on the bed, and followed Kabuto to the training area to see it was very spacious.

"Is everything up to your liking, Sasuke?" Kabuto asked.

"Better than nothing." I responded.

"Did you eat before coming?"

"Does that matter?"

"I can't have a dead vessel on my hands." Kabuto smiled.

I sighed. "No, I did not eat before I left."

"Excellent. We can all eat together."

"I rather eat alone."

"If you wish then i'll hand you your tray." Kabuto turns to leave but stops. "Just to make it clear, if you lured us into a trap. I will not hesitate to kill you."

"I came alone."

"I checked." Kabuto pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose. "But to just make it clear in your head, we trust you to not anger us. Understood?"

"Yeah."

"Good."

Kabuto left and I scanned the training area. It was a decent place to train, hopefully he won't pop into my mind too often.

I combed my fingers through my hair, and let my hand rest on my neck where the curse mark was. "I'm sorry, Naruto, but I have to do what I must do. And that is kill Itachi Uchiha."