A weird feeling

The one that welded the sword was the demon of the mist, Zabuza Momochi, a missing-nin from Kirigakure. 

The battle began between Kakashi and Zabuza, and ended with Zabuza's body being taken away by someone of the name Zaku, appeared to kill Zabuza by impaling Zabuza's neck with several senbon before disappearing with him. Kakashi ended up bed-ridden and with a clutch as a result of the battle. 

Kakashi was taken to Tazuna's home for recovery, and as he rested he made the observation that Zabuza's obvious death was a bit strange. When hunter-nin killed their target, they usually began to destroy it on the spot. On the other hand, the ninja who they had met took Zabuza's body elsewhere. This, coupled with the fact that Zabuza had been "killed" with senbon, weapons that were rarely fatal and also useful for knocking people out, led Kakashi to believe that Zabuza was still alive, and that he would be back to finish Tazuna's assassination. 

Sasuke, while Kakashi recovered from the battle, was thinking about his sudden impulse to care about someone other than himself. His ability to care supposed to have ran out when his very own eyes saw his clan dead. Dead from an ally they trusted in their own village, and someone Sasuke thought he could trust and care for. 

But that was a lie when he was looking in the eyes of a murderer. 

What makes Naruto Uzumaki so different? He could betray him like Itachi did. Foolish emotions towards people are unnecessary-it'll only turn you vulnerable and weak. 

Noting the possibly of Zabuza's return, Kakashi took Team 7 to the nearby woods for chakra training, and told them that the training would require them to learn to climb trees without using their hands.

 Naruto made the observation that this is impossible, but Kakashi, in crutches, managed to climb the tree with no problem, and explained that the key to doing so was focusing chakra to the soles of the feet.

Then all of them decided to give it a try. Naruto, not using enough chakra, only took one step before falling back down to the ground with a thud. 

Sasuke, being the douche he was to Naruto, made a side comment about his failed attempt. "As usual, the loser can't do a simple task." 

Sasuke was able to make it a good distance up the trunk, though he damaged it as a result of using too much chakra.

"What was that about not being able to do a simple task?" Naruto teased. 

Sasuke scuffed. "Shut up." 

Sakura, who had one hand on her hip, flipped her hair and smiled. "Watch and learn boys." 

Sakura, having perfect control over her chakra, made it to a high branch on her first attempt, finishing her training. "That's how its done." 

For the boys, however, the training continues, and Naruto, still unable to make it far up the tree, asked Sakura for advice. Sakura indulged to let him in on a hint, and Kakashi made the observation that Naruto was finally getting a good grasp on teamwork.

If only Kakashi knew that wasn't at all Naruto's intention of asking Sakura. 

Sakura was left in charge of protecting Tazuna while Naruto and Sasuke continued their training.

Naruto, who was starting to catch up to Sasuke, kept side eyeing Sasuke the entire time with a grumpy expression. 

"What idiot?" Sasuke asked. 

"I feel a weird tingle in my stomach when I look at you, maybe it's indigestion." Naruto said while looking up at the tree before turning his attention back to Sasuke. "Is it the same for you?" 

Sasuke had the sudden urge to smile but shrugged it off. "N-no...you're just eating too much weirdo." 

Naruto touched his stomach and sighed. "I was eating a lot of ramen before leaving the village, so maybe that is the reason." 

Sasuke looked away. "Yeah, whatever, just go back to training."

Naruto was confused by Sasuke's reaction, but didn't talk any further and continued training.     

Sasuke casually asked to know what advice Sakura had given Naruto, but Naruto, determined to beat Sasuke, refused to give it away.                                                                                                                  

Throughout the rest of training between them, Sasuke kept replaying Naruto's words in his head. 'I feel a weird tingle in my stomach when I look at you, maybe it's indigestion.'

Sasuke, who's out of Naruto's hearing range, whispered to himself. "I don't think it is." 

Days past and the two boys were improving bit by bit.

As Naruto rested in the woods one day, he encountered Haku, though he was unaware of Haku's identity and thought him to just be a pretty girl. 

The two discussed their dreams: Naruto wished to become the Kage of his village, while Haku wanted to protect the person most precious to him, explaining that, when one was protecting a precious person, one's strength reached its limit. Naruto agreed with this statement, remembering all of the people who had protected him.

"Hey Haku...can I ask you something? It's been bothering me a while now." 

"Sure Naruto, I can try to help." 

Naruto leaned back on his hands. "Uh so there's this guy I see as a rival, and I think he's trying to swoon my crush. But that's the thing, I'm supposed to think of her as my crush, but all I felt for her these past days was friendly feelings."

"I don't think there's anything wrong with changing how you feel for someone." Haku said. 

"That's not all." Naruto said. "My rival...I think he poisoned me or something." 

"Why do you think that?" 

"Ever since that day my classmate accidentally bumped into me and I k-k-kissed him...I get this tingly feeling in my stomach and my chest-" Naruto points to where his heart is. "It gets all weird and stuff. My heartbeat speeds up, and my mind pictures that stupid scene all over again. The weirdest part is that I didn't mind it at all. At first I didn't like it because it was him, but after thinking it over a lot...I...I didn't mind that happening." 

Haku smiles. "It almost sounds like you're infatuated with him." 

"Infatu-what now?" 

"It means you like him more than a friend. You think of him as your soulmate or see him as the missing piece to your heart."

Naruto's face heated up to his ears as he looks down to his feet. "I...see...."

"So...I like him?" Naruto thought. His heartbeat racing in his chest. "I guess I do."