Chapter 21

Getting up from the seat, you noticed how everyone was looking at you with baffled expressions.

"I guess we are done for today." You laughed to lighten the mood.

Some of them gave a nod and started to wrap things up. You heaved a sigh and walked towards your friend who was standing there with a proud grin on his face.

"I did it, Jimin." You breathed

"I'm so proud of you, my brave child." He patted your shoulder, giggling at the way you looked like you just came out of a battlefield.

"Oh shut up, you idiot" You slapped his shoulder. "But it wouldn't have been possible without your help." You smiled

"And where is my credit?" Suddenly, Hoseok appeared from the back.

"Of course I'm thankful to you too."

"I was just kidding but I must tell you, you did a great job." Hoseok said

"Yeah, great enough to get fired now." You joked but deep down you knew it was the truth.

"Don't say th-

Hosoek tried to cheer you up but you cut him off

"I'm not worried." You shook your head. "I'm happy I did what I wanted to. Now, I'm gonna run away from here as fast as possible before Boss catches me." You declared. "Will see what he has to say to me tomorrow."

Jimin and Hoseok burst into a fit of laughter at that.

"You guys wanna join me for a tiny celebration?" You offered

"Sorry but we are busy" They uttered in unison

"Of course." You rolled your eyes

You should've expected them to say that.

"Okay then see y'all tomorrow, before or after getting fired." You waved at them and left.

It didn't take you much time to spot Jungkook as you were looking at him just a few moments ago. He was standing at the back with his head hung low as of he was thinking about something.

"Jungkook?"

Upon hearing your voice, he immediately looked up.

"Wow!! You look like you've seen a ghost" you joked

But Jungkook didn't laugh, no. He was just standing there staring at you like he had thousands of things to say but didn't know how to start.

He still couldn't believe what he just saw. He couldn't believe he had seen you proving him innocent on national TV, saw you tell the whole nation that he wasn't the culprit.

He had been stressed over this for a while now and he couldn't believe you unknowingly helped him and now was standing infornt of him like you did nothing.

"Earth to Jungkook" You snapped your fingers in front of his face to draw him back from his thoughts

"Huh?" Jungkook blinked

"I said I want you to accompany me for a tiny celebration" you repeated your words which Jungkook probably never heard you say.

"I...

It was going to take a lot of time for him to able to speak now.

"Let's go" you said, pulling his arm without letting him speak.

------

Walking on the sidewalk with Jungkook beside you, you let the night sink in and inhaled the fresh but cold air.