Chapter 8

Looking out of the window, you were thinking whether Jungkook  had lied about him being sick just to stay away from you. There was a possiblity, wasn't there? Honeslty speaking, if someone would go and say anyone that they wanted to prove a supposedly criminal innocent, it'd creep the listener out, wouldn't it?

But then again, if Jungkook wanted to stay away from you, he would've quit the job or would've requested Namjoon to change his partner but he didn't do that. So what was he thinking about you right now?

"Ugghhh" you groaned in frustration, pulling your hair.

Why were you even thinking about him this late at night? His opinion shouldn't matter to you, right? Why were you wasting your time thinking about whether he was lying about being sick or not? Why was this bothering you? Should you just call him and ask-

Shoot! You forgot to ask for his number.

Sighing, you decided to just talk to him when he returns.

-------

Jungkook took a look at the building which was his workplace now. Taking a deep breath he entered the building, only to see a familiar face standing there.

"Hey Jungkook!!" Jimin greeted after noticing his presence.

"Hello." Jungkook greeted back.

"Y/N didn't arrive yet." Jimin informed, even though Jungkook hadn't asked him.

Jungkook gave a slight nod.

"So how's work going?" Jimin asked, trying to start a conversation with the black haired male.

"It's going fine, yeah." Jungkook answered, taking steps towards the elevator with Jimin following him.

"You are just the way Y/N told me." Jimin chuckled, remembering the conversation you both had yesterday in the cafeteria.

"What does she say about me?" Jungkook inquired, curious to know your thoughts about Jungkook too.

"That you are really introverted." Jimin pressed the button to the elevator. Both males waiting for it to arrive.

"I mean I tried talking to you and it looked like you were trying to get away." Jimin pouted.

The doors opened and out walked the same woman from yesterday with whom Jimin was flirting.

As soon as the woman noticed Jimin, she smiled, the latter winking at her and entering the elevator. Jungkook didn't fail to see this.

The doors closed as the woman walked out, making the two men stand there in silence.

"Y/N was right about you too." Jungkook said, breaking the silence.

"Huh?" Jimin raised his eyebrows in confusion.

"You are one hell of a flirt." Jungkook deadpanned, making Jimin speechless.

Jungkook internally high-fived himself for shutting Jimin's mouth.

You had talked about Jimin a bit the day you were showing the place to Jungkook. Although it seemed like Jungkook wasn't paying you any attention, he actually was listening to every single thing you had said. He remembered you talking about your colleagues, Jimin included and your cruel Boss.

"Our newbie is showing a great progress, I see." Jimin smiled through gritted teeth.

"After all I'm your friend's partner." Jungkook smiled back which was...well, fake as hell.

Both boys turned their face towards the elevator doors as they heard the 'ding' sound.

There stood Hosoek with a confused expression on his face. You see, as soon as the doors had opened, he was greeted with two men standing close and smiling at each other. What do you expect him to think?