Chapter 14

"Me and my father.... Taehyung started and Jungkook quickly pressed a button on his earpiece to connect to Yoongi, to let him hear the story as well. "...we  both had decided to spend the weekend with each other in this farmhouse, as I was done shooting the movie."

"I remember he called me that night to tell me he'll be home soon with some food for the dinner." Taehyung said, his tone low as he was trying to remember every single thing that happened.

"That....was his last call." He hung his head low.

"I was waiting for him here in the living room. I had no idea when I fell asleep." He sighed

"When I woke up the next morning, he still wasn't home. I tried to call him but he didn't pick up. A while later, my manager texted me the address of a hospital and told me to meet him there, saying it was something important." Taehyung's voice was becoming shaky.

"When I arrived at the hospital, he informed me that the cops had found a dead body near a river and that it was of... my father." A shaky breath left past his lips as he completed the sentence.

You felt your heart sting after listening to the story. Jungkook and Yoongi were quiet all this time. They could understand very well how Taehyung might be feeling right now because they both have been through the same thing too.

"He was beaten up to death." A teardrop fell on Taehyung's knees from his own eyes, as he remembered the doctor's words.

Then there was silence. No one dared to say anything

"What about the cops?" You asked, breaking the ice

Taehyung finally looked up, making you notice his red eyes.

"My manager told the cops to investigate secretly on this case. He decided to hide this from everyone until the cops find the culprit."

"Why would he do that?" You asked, frowning

"To save my damn reputation. He didn't want the media to know about this and spoil my image." Taehyung chuckled, pain visible in his eyes.

How can someone be so heartless? You thought

"I decided to take a break and my manager postponed the release date of the movie. I waited till 6 months for the cops to finally catch him, but they failed, like always."

"How do you know it's him?" Jungkook asked, emotions visible in his eyes.
"How do you know it's Black Knight?"

Taehyung's jaw locked as he heard that name.

"The star. They found the star near his dead body." Taehyung revealed

"What did he say?" Yoongi asked from the other side, his tone indicating he was shocked.

Jungkook didn't answer back as he knew Yoongi heard it well.

"Do you perhaps have any proof." You asked, hesitating a little.

"I do." Taehyung got up and left to bring the proof.

You turned to look at Jungkook, whose face was unreadable.

"Here." Taehyung came back and handed you some pictures. Jungkook scooted himself closer to you to have a look.

Those were the pictures clicked on the crime scene and there indeed was a black star on the ground.

"Jungkook?" Yoongi called

"It's the same star." Jungkook whispered to Yoongi.

"It's not the same star." You said, surprising three of the males, including Yoongi