Chapter 19

"Why was he acting like that?" You wondered as you opened the door to your apartment and walked in.

The lights of your living room were already switched on as you never turned them off. Plopping yourself down on the sofa and leaning back, you thought about what might be the reason behind Jungkook's strange behaviour earlier.

Why did he want you to leave the bus stop? You had gone there to clear your mind after all the things you did this morning at work. Thinking about that, you were really nervous for what you were going to do tomorrow.

Getting lost in your thoughts, you had no idea when your eyes feel shut. Also, you had no idea that the lights went out after sometime. You were just sleeping peacefully.

————

Jungkook climbed up the steps to your apartment.

"Looks like the power went off" Jungkook guessed upon noticing how it was dark everywhere in the building. He turned the flashlight of his phone on and walked towards your apartment. Just then he noticed the door -you forgot to close- was open.

Jungkook went closer and his eyes fell on your sleeping figure. A smiled formed on his face upon seeing you look so adorable. He was deliberating on whether he should knock on your door and wake you up or close the door and leave.

Just when he was about to close the door, he heard your voice

"No" you whispered in your sleep

Jungkook opened the door further to see if it was meant for him.

"Please no" you uttered with your eyes pressed shut

Jungkook looked at you concerned.

"Stop it!!" You raised your voice

"Don't hurt him!! No!!"

That's it, Jungkook thought and quickly walked in.

"Y/N" he softly spoke

"No no no, please leave him." You uttered.

"Y/N" Jungkook shook you by your shoulders "Wake up"

And you did but was met with the darkness and in that moment it literally felt like you were back in time and were at the exact place you were at that  night of November 2010

"NO NO NO" You shouted, shutting your ears as if you were able to hear something that was hurting you.

"Y/N, I'm here. Jungkook." He assured you

It was like his voice pulled you out of your terrifying thoughts cause the next thing you knew was you quickly wrapping your arms around Jungkook to gain some comfort.

"Jungkook"

"Hey, calm down. I'm here." Jungkook said, quickly hugging you back after noticing how you were shivering.

You were breathing heavily.

"Let's get you out of here." Jungkook said. Gently he pushed you away and told you follow him.

You somehow walked out of the apartment but it was difficult to see anything in dark, not to mention how your breathing hastened after not being able to see anything.

Jungkook noticed it. He quickly approached you and took your hand in his, giving it an assuring squeeze.

"Let's go." He whispered

You closed your eyes and opened them again, trying to focus only on Jungkook's proximity radiating comfort.

As soon as you were out of the building, Jungkook let go of your hand and turned around to meet your gaze. Upon seeing your teary eyes, he felt a pang in his chest. He felt an urge to protect you from the world.