"Page 14"

🛸Song recommendation:
That's us - Anson Seabra

A few days later Kuroo was standing in front of Kenma's classroom, waiting for his boyfriend to come out.

"Hey captain!", Lev shouted from across the hallway. "We are going to get dinner together tonight, some of the boys and me. Are you coming?"

Kuroo hesitated for a second. A while ago he would have immediately said yes. But now that he had Kenma...
He couldn't leave him alone. Didn't ever want his boyfriend to feel alone.

"Sorry I already have plans. Another time, alright?"

"Okay." Lev just shrugged.  "See you tomorrow then."

"See you tomorrow."

Kuroo stared after him. He kind of missed hanging out with his friends sometimes.

A moment later he could feel his heart ease, a smile automatically forming on his lips, as Kenma walked towards him.

"Hey there."

"Hi Kuroo. What did he want?"
Kenma's eyes followed Lev, until he disappered around the corner.

"Oh, nothing. He just asked if I wanted to come to dinner." Kuroo laid one of his arms around Kenma's shoulder and pulled him along.

"And? Are you going?"

"I told him no. You asked me to sleep over today, didn't you?" Kuroo placed a gentle Kiss on the top of Kenma's head.

The other looked at him and hesitated, before turning his face away. "You should go. You can sleep over every day. But you haven't properly seen your friends in a while."

"I'd rather hang out with you though."
It was true. But also Kuroo knew he denied Lev's question, because he felt responsible for keeping Kenma happy and occupied.
To be there for him, always.

"You shouldn't. Just go see your friends."

"I thought you liked hanging out with me. Trying to drive me away, huh?", Kuroo asked jokingly.

Kenma just shrugged.

"So you...are trying to drive me away?"

"I didn't say that! But I still think you should go out with your friends."

Kuroo studied Kenma's face for a while, then slowly nodded.
"Tomorrow, alright? I'll ask the others if they're free then. But tonight I'm all yours. Is that okay?"

"Yeah.", Kenma answered quietly.

Kuroo leaned down to kiss him, but Kenma had already started walking.

Three days later they were in the volleyball hall. Kuroo had been practicing with Yuki the whole time, while Kenma set the balls for other players.

When they finished, Kuroo almost ran to Kenma, picking him up before kissing him.

"Are you free tonight?"
A funny question. Kenma had always been free for him.

"No, sorry."

"Why?" Kuroo couldn't hide the disappointment im his voice.

"I have stuff to do. But Yuki invited you to his house, didn't he?"

"Yeah but I wanted-"

"Then say yes. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" Kenma stood on his toes to shyly kiss Kuroo on the cheek, before leaving without looking back.

Kuroo stayed in the hall, confused and overwhelmed.
He was pretty sure Kenma had just used an excuse.
But why wouldn't his boyfriend want to hang out with him?

"He probably really just has an appointment or something.", Kuroo convinced himself.

So he went over to Yuki.
They got something to eat on their way to Yuki's house, did some homework and played board games.

When Kuroo went home later that night, he stopped in front of Kenma's house, staring up at his window.

The light was on and Kenma was asleep. Sitting on the windowsill, eyes closed and holding his psp.
Obviously not that busy.

-------------------------------------------------------
Yeyy it's me again! I just wanted to say sorry because this chapter is really short but I'm writing 3 exams this week and my stress level is HIGH📈📈.

Anywayyyyy I hope you're all taking care of yourself👀