"Page 5"

🛸Song recommendation:
Snow - Jome

It was already dark outside when Kenma rang his doorbell.
Kuroo remained standing in the doorway for a few seconds after letting him in, trying to ignore his pounding heart.

Kenma was here. In the house they had spend so many days in and made so much more than just memories.

He led the younger one up to his room and watched him take in his sourroundings.
A bit hat changed since Kenma had last been here.
It looked more mature, less like the little boy Kenma had known.

The only plushie left in his bed was the one Kenma had given Kuroo for his twelfth birthday.
Apart from that there were no signs of their past relationship.
Kuroo had taken down and torn apart all pictures and notes from his wall in a rage, just one day after Kenma had broke up with him.

He almost regretted destroying these memories now.

They both sat down on his bed, Kuroo occupying the upper corner while Kenma spread himself on the end of the bed, like it always had been.

Everything had changed and yet it felt the same.
They felt the same.

Kuroo could still forsee what Kenma would do next, what his movements meant and how this one strand of his hair was bothering him because it kept falling into his eye and he had to push it back every time.

It was almost like falling in love all over again.
Noticing the details, less talking and more nervous lingering.

"Have you thought about joining a club at Nekoma? I know you didn't want to play volleyball the first time but...you're skilled, Kenma. We could use you, you know?"
A gentle tone, one Kuroo only used with Kenma.
The latter was the only one who could make him be as soft as that and drop his sassy side. Around Kenma he was as gentle as a butterfly.

"I don't think so. I'm busy right now. And I haven't played in years."

"Not even with Shoyo?" Kuroo couldn't resist asking. He still didn't know if their relationship was of romantic nature, but he definitely saw how much Kenma trusted the dwarf just by looking at them.

"He asked me multiple times, but I refused."

"Why?"

"Because it wouldn't be the same."

"The same as what?"

Kenma just shrugged his shoulders. Kuroo tried to breathe more calmly to slow down his heratbeat.
He knew what Kenma had intented to say. That it wouldn't be the same as playing with Kuroo.

Or maybe that was just what he had wanted to hear. Kuroo cleared his throath.

"So? Did anything important happen the past years?"

Kenma paused for too long for his answer to be true. "No. Not really."

Kuroo decided not to ask again.

"And you? Here?"

"Hmmm well, you probably already heard. Nekoma is pretty successful. But apart from that..."
And apart from the sleepless nights, the tears, the cries, the endless circles of thoughts.

"Yeah. I heard." Maybe Kuroo was imagining it, but Kenma almost sounded bitter.

He took a deep breath. This was his chance to bring them back on track.

"I missed you, Kenma."

Minutes passed in silence. Kuroo pressed himself into the pillows against his back, wishing to just cease from existance.

"Look, meteors.", Kenma whispered, his head turned to the window.

But Kuroo was only watching him, feeling his heart creaking inside of him, like some unstable scaffolding threathening to crumble.
What if he was wrong? If there was nothing to be fixed?

The meteor shower kept them quiet, silent gazes following the fallen stars.

"Kenma?", Kuroo slowly asked. " What if you never moved away? What would have happened then?"

The smaller boy halfway turned around, the meteors slightly reflecting in his eyes.
"I don't know, Kuroo. Does it matter?"

No, it probably didn't.
It was just that Kuroo still wanted to blame the distance, to believe it wasn't Kenma losing feelings.

"No.", he simply answered, even if he didn't really mean it.

Kuroo stood up and walked to the window, sitting down on the windowsill. He slowly held out his hand to Kenma.
The boy blinked for a few moments, then took Kuroo's hand to pull himself up next to him.

Their eyes met, exchanging breathless looks before quickly turning away to stare at the sky.

Kuroo forced himself to watch the stars instead of focusing on the way Kenma's lips were slightly opened, soft and beautiful.

Silence fell. Kuroo was to scared to start a conversation, fearing to drive Kenma away even more.

The other had pulled his knees to his chest, his eyes wide.
"Beautiful.", Kuroo thought again.

Night had fully settled, dark and full of mystery.

"Kuroo?", Kenma whispered.
"I missed you, too."