Taehyung welcomed each an every one of them warmly and escorted to their places in the conference room. And finally it was the time for the arrival of the chairman Mr.Kim. Taehyung went to the main entrance to escort the chairman to the meeting.

After about 10 minutes of waiting, Mr Kim came to the company. He was looking very happy than the others

Taehyung: Father,you look very happy today sir

Chairman : Of course I am my son. I am happy that I found the heir of my company

Taehyung : as always your happiness is my happiness father. I would do anything to keep you happy like this. Then shall we father? (Shows the direction of the conference room)

Chairman : yes yes let's go.

Taehyung escorts the chairman into the conference room. All the directors rise up from their chairs as Mr. Kim walks into the room. Mr. Kim goes to his seat and bows to everyone and sit on the chair. When his father is comfortable, taehyung takes a step to leave the room.

Chairman : Taehyung?

Taehyung : yes sir?

Chairman : remain in the conference room. Have a seat. You have to participate in this meeting

Taehyung : but why.. why me sir?

Chairman : Taehyung! Do as I say. Don't make me mad infront of these distinguished people.

Taehyung : my apologies sir. I will do as you say

Taehyung sits on a chair wondering why his father wanted him to stay in the conference room.

Taehyung s POV

I fall back on to a chair after my father asked me to stay. I really couldn't think of a reason why I should be there. I have never been in a directors meeting even though I am the CEO. Obviously I shouldn't be right? I am not a director after all.
But why are many of the workers and directors are smirking at me since morning? There should be a reason....

Wait!! What? Please God nooooo ! Is it because of the reason that I am thinking of? Am I going to be the next chairman? No no no please. Oh I guess father is going to give his decision. Please hopefully it's not me🥺

______________________________________

After several minutes chairman starts to speak

Chairman : Good morning everyone. As you all know this is the second visit to the company after being diagnosed with the disease. And today I am here to announce my decision on the new chairman.
Since I am old now, I thought of handing over the company to a person who is capable of managing the business more well than I did.
And I am 100% confident that with the new chairman you all will be able to make our company more successful.
Hope you all will agree with my decision of new chairman. I would remain as an adviser of the company. It doesn't mean that I will be poking into the company business. It will be entirely on new chairman's hands.
So. I think all your guesses are correct. The new chairman is no other than my son Kim Taehyung!! And I would like to thank all of you for supporting me always to develop our company.
Thank you!

The former chairman sits on the chair looking at taehyung. Director cha stands up and bows the former chairman mr.kim and invites the new chairman Taehyung to address the board of directors.

Taehyung s POV ( thinking to himself)
Oh my God! Jeez. I am the new chairman. I am the owner of this company! But I can't accept this. I don't want this position. How can I refuse my father's decision infront of the board of directors? It will make him look bad. I shouldn't do that for my advantage. I ll slowly let go of this after finding someone for this position. Until then I ll work as my father wants me to.

__________

Taehyung gets up from his seat and goes to the head seat of the conference table. The former chairman stands up, shake hands with taehyung and gives the seat to taehyung and went to another seat. Taehyung greeted the board of directors and started talking.

Taehyung : good morning everyone! To be completely honest I really didn't expect this even though my father was the chairman. Always I wanted to do the best for the development of the company. And now,since I have got this position I would use my power and I will give my best for the company. I hope to work well u all for the betterment of Kim Enterprises.
Thank you so much.

Taehyung sat on the chairman s seat. Everyone started clapping and then after a while the meeting ended. Each an every director came and congratulated taehyung for being the new chairman. After finishing off the directors meeting, taehyung came out of the meeting room. Bogum was the first to see him and he came running and hugged taehyung with immense happiness.

Bogum : taehyung. Sir. I have been with u since kindergarten. But I have never been this happy before. I m so happy for your success sir.

Taehyung: bogum. What's wrong with you dude? Stop calling me sir.i am your friend.

Bogum : but work is work sir. Congratulations sir.

Taehyung : thank you so much bogum . But I really didn't expect this. What to do now. This is what my father wants me to do .

Bogum : oh yes sir. Former chairman went to your office sir. He asked you to meet him there.

Taehyung : okay then let's go.

Taehyung started walking towards the CEO s office thinking that his father would be waiting for him there.

Bogum : sir? Where are u heading to sir?

Taehyung : to my office? I thought I have to meet father there.

Bogum : it's not your office now sir. Your office is the chairman s chamber. Mr. Kim went there

Taehyung laughed shyly. It was like he still couldn't believe that he is the chairman. Bogum patted taehyung s back and said " don't worry taehyung. I am always here with you for any good or bad situation. So stop worrying sir."

Taehyung : thank you bogum it's a relief that you are here always. Let's
go then.

They went to the chairman s office and met Mr Kim there

They went to the chairman s office and met Mr Kim there. He said that he will talk to taehyung more at home and the former chairman headed home since we wasn't feeling well.

Bogum : sir. I will wait in my office. Summon me if anything comes up.

Taehyung : okay bogum thank you so much. You can leave now

After bogum leaves the room. Taehyung looses his tie and sits on his new chairman s chair. And fall into deep thought.