" And what's so wrong about me making her laugh ?"

" Ace i've known you for years , and you're the most unfunny person i've ever met . You're a fucking robot . Not even a fun one .So it isn't the joke making her laugh ."

I'm funny . I'm hilarious actually.

I went and sat on the couch beside Sophia while she watched some show .We have nothing to do today so i wasn't expecting the doorbell to ring . I got up and Sophia followed me .

When i got to the door i stopped and she bumped into me .

" You're like a dog ."

I opened it and saw it was just one of the new guards . Jack Miller . Basic name if you ask me but he was supposed to be good at his job .

" Hey Ace nice to see you man ."

" Ya you to . I have your gear here i'll just grab it ."

I turned around to grab the bag by the door when i heard something that i didn't like .

" Soph ?"

" Jack ! "

I turned around and saw Sophias arms flung around my new guard .

I walked back to the door and their hug broke up . I brought Sophia in by her shirt ignoring her confused look and handed Jack the bag . He thanked me and left .

" What are you doing ?"

She moved my arm and laughed as she walked away .

" How do you know him ?"

" We were in the academy together."

" Oh . So are you two like friends or?"

" Well we used to date but he broke up with me ."

Now i know why he's a guard and nothing more , he's stupid .

" I've got work to do so let me know when Greg cooks dinner ."

" Ok ."

I got to my office and worked for a couple hours til there was a knock on my door .

" Come in ."

" Hey Sophia let me in i just wanted to grab my chart for working this week ."

" Here ."

He took it and was about to leave but i couldn't hold back any longer .

I followed him into the hall .

" Look i know you need this job so if you wanna keep it , stay away from Sophia ."

" What ?"

" You heard me . I don't want you anywhere near her ."

" Last time i checked she could make her own decisions."

" Well i know what's best for her and it's certainly not you . "

" I'll try remember that tonight after dinner when i'm fucking her ."

I threw him against the wall and gave him a blow to the nose . Then another and another .

I threw him to the ground and continued to fuck up his face ignoring the blood now splattered on the floors and the familiar sting on my knuckles . I heard Sophia shouting and i did what i had to do . Play the victim.

I gave Jack an opening on purpose and he sent a punch to my face right when she walked in .

"Jack stop it !"