42. A Powerful Cap

Caitlin and Anna laid on their couch, watching a movie. Anna switched her positions every so often, making sure Caitlin was comfterable.

"Babe?" Caitlin whispered.

"Yeah?" Anna looked up at her face.

"I...I can feel Frosts feelings."

"You can?" Anna asked in surprise. "Did you tell anyone?"

"Only Harry. At jitters." Caitlin mumbled. "When I was telling him about it, a girl and a boy came up to us, spilling their drinks on our table. The girl started rambling and the boy stood there, trying to calm her down. Eventually we just left."

"Uh-huh." Anna said thoughtfully. "What was Frost thinking?"

"She was...desperate. Scared. For me."

"Yeah. Before I let her out of Flash time, she said not to let you die. Maybe she cares a lot for you." Anna suggested.

"Maybe." Caitlin repeated as Wanda Maximoff came on the screen. "You ever think she looks a lot like you?"

"Heard that so many times." Anna noted. "Why? You have a crush on her?"

"Actually, yeah. In the 8th grade someone showed me a picture of her and I was thinking, 'Wow, wish she was mine." Caitlin noted, looking up at her.

"Well she is." Anna smirked, kissing her. "She always will be." Both of them smiled into the kiss as Anna's hands drifted into Caitlin's hair.

"Bed?"

"Bed."

Barely 5 seconds after they were off the couch and in their bedroom, having a wonderful night that both of them enjoyed.

"What is all this?" Iris asked as Harry pushed a white board in front of another.

"This is gonna give us the edge we finally need to be smarter than DeVoe. Or me to be smarter than DeVoe, actually. Take a look at this." Harry motioned to a drawing on a board.

"What is that?"

"This is an intelligence booster." He motioned to Ralph. "You put this thing on Dibny here, and even he would be able to understand the point source construction. You put it on a real genius, I'll finally be able to out-think the Thinker."

"You know what, I'm not sure this thinking cap is the best idea you've ever had."

"It's an intelligence booster."

"You don't like it, blame yourself. You gave me the idea." Harry said. Cisco gave a small, what? "You're the one that said DeVoe planned all this just like Thawne in order to stop Barry. And you said that DeVoe became the Thinker the same night you became the Flash, and so I hacked into security footage of that night to see how he did it." Harry motioned to the screen, which shows DeVoe having a cap on his head and getting struck. "This is why he's so smart. DeVoe boosted his intelligence with neurochemical engineering powered by the dark energy from the particle accelerator explosion. And if we build our own, we can do the exact same."

"Wait, you wanna blast your brain with 10 billion joules of dark energy?"

"I've harnessed energy from the particle accelerator explosion before, and I can do it again."

"Yeah, but Harry, re-engineering your brain's neurochemistry, that's-" Caitlin started.

"DeVoe did it. So can I. How many more metas have to die before we finally stop DeVoe?" Harry asked angrily.

"Uh... not... Not me. I mean... I say we go for it. Right? Right, guys?" Ralph looked around.

"What do you think?"