40. Country Time

"You're kidding." Anna scoffed after Barry had been requested for a leave of absence from work.

"I mean, he said it was indefinite." Barry added.

"They wouldn't have given you your ID back if it was for good."

"I mean, maybe this is for the best, Barry. I mean, you need to prove that DeVoe is still alive. And you can do that now as The Flash." Iris suggested.

"Yeah, maybe. How are we doing with him, by the way?" Barry motioned to DeVoe.

"We know that we still have four bus metas left to find."

"And that DeVoe has absorbed the powers of Killgore, Hazard, Black Bison, Brainstorm, and Dwarfstar." Iris listed off.

"Fallout is safe with Tracy."

"But the Weeper is M. I. A."

"Then DeVoe must have him." Barry assumed.

"Well, that just leaves Ralph."

"Ralph is safe with us. But the other four metas aren't. DeVoe will absolutely kill them and take their powers." Barry explained.

"But why does he need their powers? I can't figure out his end game."

"I don't know. I just know that these last four metas are the key. That's why we need to find them." Barry insisted.

"And find them we will." Ralph and Cisco walked in.

"Where have you guys been?" Anna questioned.

"A little home away from home, otherwise known as the bus depot. But I showed Cisco here an old P. I. trick I learned from my mentor, Columbo. Lost and found box from meta bus 405." Ralph placed a box on the table.

"Question for the room, how did I get stuck doing the buddy system thing with Ralph?"

"It's the best way to keep Ralph safe, Cisco." Iris whispered.

"Yeah, it's the best way to keep Ralph safe, Cisco." Ralph teased as Cisco started listing off all the disgusting things in Ralph's apartment.

"Oh, hey, my retainer. Been looking for this." Ralph picked it up from the box.

"Retainer." Cisco laughed as Ralph placed it in his mouth.

"Okay, you made your point. Not that the point needed to be made. I'll take the next shift." Barry whispered.

"Really? Who uses CDs anymore?" Ralph held up a CD from the box.

"A musician trying to catch their break. Izzy Bowen." Iris read off as she entered it in the monitor, country music starting to play as Ralph turned it off.

"Ugh, country. Music's tone deaf stepchild." Ralph groaned.

"All right, remember anyone on the bus with a fiddle?" Caitlin questioned.

"There was a guy with a cowboy hat on sitting behind me. Maybe it was him." Ralph noted.

"Boy, I sure wish we had a way of finding out." Cisco said sarcastically as Caitlin handed him the CD and he moved to the side. Moments later, his eyes reopened.

"Okay, well, it's a her, not a him. And she's playing a gig at the Busted Saddle." Cisco explained.

"All right. Ralph, let's go." Barry motioned to the door.

"No, no way. I hate country music." Ralph insisted.

"Well, buddy system. It's my turn." Barry pulled him out the door.