24. Ice, Ice, Baby

Anna groaned as she was hit with another shard of ice from Caitlin next to HR and Cisco.

"We, uh...we should go." HR insisted.

"You think?" Cisco questioned as they both moved from the way.

"I'm not leaving her." Anna muttered, keeping her ground as Julian escaped too. Caitlin blasted the glass windows, shattering the glass as Anna reached for her Meta-Dampening necklace. Caitlin blasted it away before she could even get close enough.

"Should've made that out of carbyne." Caitlin teased, but her voice had changed. Anna got up slowly.

"Caitlin. Please. Don't hurt them." Anna whispered.

"I don't matter."

"I think that you matter to me. I love you Caitlin." Anna insisted, grabbing her hand slowly and placing it on her heart.

"Show me." Caitlin said before leaning in for a kiss. She was stopped mid-way, getting blasted by one of Cisco's energy blasts.

"Anna! Hurry!" Julian yelled, grabbing her arm as they ran out and into one of the pipeline hallways.

"Oh, boys... where are you?" Caitlin teased.

"What are you doing?" Julian questioned as Cisco opened up a cell.

"Buying us some time." Cisco said as they all ducked in, panting for breath as HR started to sing. Cisco joined in.

"Shut up!" Anna whisper-yelled. The cell door opened, revealing Caitlin standing there.

"Hey, dummies. My palm scan still works." Caitlin teased.

"You will not hurt my friends." Anna stepped forwards.

"And who's gonna stop me?" Caitlin questioned. "You? You would never hurt me."

"Sorry about this." Anna muttered.

"Stop!" Barry yelled as he entered.

"Aw, come to save the day? Good, now I can get rid of you, too." Caitlin said before Anna used the energy from the lights and pushed Caitlin back with a surge of energy.

"Caitlin. You can do this." Anna stepped closer to where she had fallen as she tried to get up.

"I know. But I don't want to." Caitlin said before making a layer of ice in the doorway and running off. Barry and Anna phased through, searching through out the building for her, but she had dissapeared.

"Hey, Julian, how about next time you decide to release my friend's inner ice demon, you do it sometime in July?" Cisco questioned.

"I know you're not being serious. I was trying to save her life, Cisco." Julian backfired.

"Iris was right. Even H.R. was right. We should've taken her to a hospital." Cisco mumbled. Anna stayed silent as she stared at the floor.

"Brilliant idea, yes. Expose her meta-human status to the world. That would've been great, wouldn't it?"

"Hey, guess what? She's gonna do that anyway."

"Guys! Arguing isn't gonna help us find her. Maybe we should just take five." Barry yelled.

"Yeah. Yeah, probably right." Julian whispered. Anna ran to the Speed Lab, taking out her anger on one of the training dummies.

"One shall loose something they hold dear."

"You're back?" Cisco questioned after Barry had called a team meeting multiple minutes later.

"I went to the future."