37. Tricking The Way Out

1 week later

Anna watched as Ralph stood behind a cabinet, reaching forwards to grab the hostages while Joe distracted the robber, who had a bomb on him. Anna used her telekinesis, grabbing the last man away and speeding the three to safety as the bomber finally turned around, seeing the hostages gone.

"Shoulda gone with the steak, pal." Ralph said as he stretched himself behind the bomber. "Cause it's the last decent meal you're getting for the next five to ten years."

"Who the hell are you?"

"Your friendly neighborhood superhero's. That's Jolt. You can call me.." Ralph stammered. "Mr...One second." He turned on his comms. "Guys, this is a huge moment for me. What's my name?"

Anna raised her hand. "How about, Mr Bomber is going to blow this building up?"

"I was wondering where you were going with that." Cisco noted.

"Hey, hey, where are my hostages?" The bomber questioned.

"Uh, bathroom break. They just couldn't hold it anymore. Don't worry, though, they're totally safe." Ralph approached the bomber.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Get back, freak."

Ralph acted hurt. "Freak, oh, sticks and stones may break my bones, buddy. Well, they used to. Not anymore."

"I'll blow this whole city block." The bomber threatened.

"Uh, you do realize you're a part of that block, right? Come on, man, it's a weekday. People just want to get off work, go home, and watch the boob tube. So why don't you take off that vest and..." Ralph reached for the bomb.

"No, don't touch me!" The bomber yelled as Anna grabbed the bomb from Ralph, racing into the ocean and chucking it as far as she could.

"Water Floatation activated." Cisco's voice came from the suit.

"Anna? You okay?" Cisco asked through comms.

"Yeah. I'm good." Anna choked out as she sped back to Star Labs, grabbing Ralph by the neck of his suit.

"Let this be a lesson to all of you would-be criminals out there." Ralph was saying on the news. "Catching you won't be too much of a stretch."

"And so, our streets are safe again, thanks to Jolt, and Central City's funniest new hero, The Stretchy Man." The reporter said into the camera as Cisco turned it off.

"Okay. Embarrassing. Cisco, next time you're going with him." Iris sighed.

"Iris, a chicken needs to leave its roost sooner or later, especially when that chicken insists on doing his own solo mission." Cisco muttered.

"This is bad." Iris noted.

"This is really bad." Ralph agreed. "Stretchy man that's a terrible name. Also, now that I'm going to be on TV all the time, this grey suit, got to go." Ralph motioned to Cisco.

"Hey, easy, chickadee."

"No, Ralph, I meant you." Iris explained. "If Anna hadn't rushed the bomb into the pacific, the bomb could tear everyone to shreds. Or Joe, or any of the officers outside."

"Relax." Ralph assured. "I'm indestructible. I would contain the blast."

"Oh my god." Iris sighed.

"Dibny is in-dib-structable." Ralph joked.

"Okay, Ralph, you are missing the point. You need to be more cautious." Iris argued.

Ralph denied it. "No, no, no, you are missing the point. What I really need, guys, is a new superhero name. Ramon, you've had all this time. You can't come up with anything?"